May 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm currently a Minnesota resident that's applying this cycle with UF being my first choice. You can find my stats in the chance me thread or my post history.

Anyways, the reason why I want to go to UF so badly is that basically my same-gender soulmate (saved me from being bullied, basically twins, etc etc) is going to pharmacy school there, and if I get accepted I would go to UF in a heartbeat. Is this something that would help me if I mentioned it in the interview, or should I stick with something safe?

Reactions: Advance

florida561

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
They're probably going to ask you why UF, so just mention that along with some more relatable reasons (like community service, diversity). UF likes the idea of "Gator Nation" and family.

Soleus715

7+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2011
Status
Dental Student
^ definitely. It's important to be aware of UF's mission statement and be able to relate to it before mentioning any other reasons.

I don't think it'd be wrong to mention on the side that UF is a preferred choice because of your soulmate.
It gives them more reason to think that you wouldn't turn them down if they were to extend an offer to you, but I wouldn't lead with this.

I saw your stats and they seem pretty good. UF is not very OOS-friendly, but with your stats you definitely have a shot. (in 2014, Out of 786 OOS applicants, 54 were interviewed and 6 matriculated)

Last edited:
Reactions: Advance