I have a problem, a SDN addiction problem.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmishMatt

I eat hot dogs
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
help me. All I can do when I am not studying Biochem or developmental is check this stupid forum and get jealous for other people hearing from schools. My fiance made fun of me for being so obsessed and nerdy for looking at this site every five minutes for no good reason. Is there some sort of support group or chewing gum that will help me with my addiction?

or maybe i just need to get more interviews

Members don't see this ad.

i thought the amish didn't use electricity.

perhaps you should spend some time with your fiance instead of checking SDN?

SDN addiction is just phase 1

Members don't see this ad :)
help me. All I can do when I am not studying Biochem or developmental is check this stupid forum and get jealous for other people hearing from schools. My fiance made fun of me for being so obsessed and nerdy for looking at this site every five minutes for no good reason. Is there some sort of support group or chewing gum that will help me with my addiction?

dude.. atleast your on your way of going to med school. Soon when you start school in the fall you won't even be looking at this thing.. I on the other hand still have 2 more years until I apply... and I'm wasting so much time on this thing checking useless information because there are so many threads with dumb/funny questions! Your just playing the waiting game but I'm still trying to raise my GPA! and my serious SDN addiction is not helping!:(

Try setting a certain time of day or night when you will look at the forum, and stick with it.

Yeah, I would definitely recommend curbing your addiction at any costs man. You're right, you don't want to be an SDN addict for two more years. The key reason why is because it will fundamentally alter the way you look at your fellow pre-meds, the general likes of which are not accurately represented on this site.

dude.. atleast your on your way of going to med school. Soon when you start school in the fall you won't even be looking at this thing.. I on the other hand still have 2 more years until I apply... and I'm wasting so much time on this thing checking useless information because there are so many threads with dumb/funny questions! Your just playing the waiting game but I'm still trying to raise my GPA! and my serious SDN addiction is not helping!:(

I can so relate to what you are saying. I have been in the same position where you are...I discovered this site a while ago and although everything that I read on this site stresses me more about my chances of getting in, I still cant stop reading.
I have even spent some of my biochem classes reading this forum instead of paying attention to the lecture. What worked for me atleast for a while is setting a time to log on and also that I would spend no more than hour or so reading the forums...
Well if something else works for you do lemme know...ill give it a try :)