I have a problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fakesmile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Throughout the day, I would occassionally become really suicidal and miserable, no longer motivated to do anything, just wanting to abandon everything and seeing no point in doing anything in life. When I'm depressed, I make absolutely no progress on any work, even if I'm on my desk the whole time. I simply can't focus on anything when I'm sad. Today was exactly like that and I beat myself up for that. This is obviously a big problem for me. Anyone had a similar problem? How did you cope with it?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Highlight a set of goals in life that you WANT to accomplish. Know every day that you are making progress towards accomplishing these goals. May sound a bit cliched, but this usually keeps people pretty happy...

Sitting at your desk and thinking about it is probably a bad idea. Just go do something for an hour or two that requires zero thinking on your part and maybe you'll forget. If not, you can always just take a nap!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, if you're athletic at all (or even if you're not), you should start lifting weights. After two years of doing it I find it to be an almost meditative act. On top of that, it's nice that I'm now twice as big as any of my friends

This thread has been reported by several members due to the statement by the OP about self-harm. SDN takes such statements seriously and we would like to remind the OP and all posters that SDN should not serve as a place to obtain counseling or other advice regarding significant psychological issues. Anyone who is contemplating harming themselves should immediately seek professional counseling advice, not rely on SDN or other non-professional resources.

Members who have serious concerns about their career and would like to post details more anonymously may do so in the Confidential Consult forum.

At this time, given the nature of the thread and the concerns expressed, the moderation staff of SDN will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.