I have already asked this before but....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already asked this question but i just got my spring sem grades (4.0) and have my final grades to be sent to D schools.
My list is :
UConn (State School)
Columbia
Tufts
BU
Buffalo
NYU
Temple
Maryland
UPenn
UMDNJ
Harvard
UPitt

But there are two red flags: a B- in Physiology and Neurology and 17 in RC [ESL].
Also so far i have taken only 4 bio courses:
BIO I and II: A, A
Genetics: A-
Physiology and Neurobiology : B-
and i am taking Biochem and Cell bio in this coming Fall.

So, i wanted to confirm about my list before i finally submit my application?
Should i drop any college because of the red flags? Like i am thinking of dropping Harvard.
Any comments?

And please don't take me wrong that i am showing off or anything, i am just being paranoid because of my red flags.

Members don't see this ad.

I have already asked this question but i just got my spring sem grades (4.0) and have my final grades to be sent to D schools.
My list is :
UConn (State School)
Columbia
Tufts
BU
Buffalo
NYU
Temple
Maryland
UPenn
UMDNJ
Harvard
UPitt

But there are two red flags: a B- in Physiology and Neurology and 17 in RC [ESL].

Should i drop any college because of the red flags? Like i am thinking of dropping Harvard.
Any comments?

And please don't take me wrong that i am showing off or anything, i am just being paranoid because of my red flags.

Sorry, but you need to retake the B- immediately, wait a year and apply next year.:rolleyes:

the 17 is not really a red flag, I know some schools have a 17 cutoff for PAT, TS and AA, but not RC. your fine.
why not apply to UoP or other Cali schools?
GOOD LUCK

Sorry, but you need to retake the B- immediately, wait a year and apply next year.:rolleyes:

the 17 is not really a red flag, I know some schools have a 17 cutoff for PAT, TS and AA, but not RC. your fine.
why not apply to UoP or other Cali schools?
GOOD LUCK

hahaha...i was expecting this kind humor for sure. Well i am paranoid as i dont have that many Bio classes and everyone on SDN says that RC is heavily weighted.
I want to stay in North-East region but i am thinking of UoP.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think if you remove some schools you really want to go to, you'll always wonder "what if..."

You have 6 Bio classes, that looks like more than enough to me??

My list is :
UConn (State School)
Columbia
Tufts
BU
Buffalo
NYU
Temple
Maryland
UPenn
UMDNJ
Harvard
UPitt

Any comments?

You should add some of the other private schools like UoP or USC. I would drop Harvard unless your overall is at least a 3.7/3.7 and DATs 21 and above.

I do not think you should drop Harvard. The B- is not a red flag. Our GPAs are nearly the same and I had a 17 on a section of the DAT as well (on the PAT), and I will be starting at Harvard in August. Feel free to ask me any questions about it.

I do not think you should drop Harvard. The B- is not a red flag. Our GPAs are nearly the same and I had a 17 on the DAT as well (on the PAT), and I will be starting at Harvard in August. Feel free to ask me any questions about it.

Under-represented minority?

Hey man, your "red-flags" are not as dramatic as they may seem. A much more severe "red-flag" would be a C- or lower, W, criminal record.....etc. You are fine, and your stats are good, so why not keep/add Harvard to your list.?:thumbup:

Connections?
Do you know what Harvard's average stats are?

No connections, and nobody in my family is a dentist. It's not like i have below average stats (3.92 GPA and 21 AA). I just said that I had a 17 on the PAT and that my GPA is similar to sajjy, so I do not think he should remove Harvard from his list. This isn't even including all of the ECs he has.

I do not think you should drop Harvard. The B- is not a red flag. Our GPAs are nearly the same and I had a 17 on the DAT as well (on the PAT), and I will be starting at Harvard in August. Feel free to ask me any questions about it.

No connections, and nobody in my family is a dentist. It's not like i have below average stats (3.92 GPA and 21 AA). I just said that I had a 17 on the PAT and that my GPA is similar to sajjy, so I do not think he should remove Harvard from his list. This isn't even including all of the ECs he has.

OHHH, if you see what you wrote earlier.... it seems like your AA and PAT are 17s
I couldn't believe a 17 on the DAT got into a school with a 24 AA average.

OHHH, if you see what you wrote earlier.... it seems like your AA and PAT are 17s
I couldn't believe a 17 on the DAT got into a school with a 24 AA average.

Yeah I see what you mean and I just corrected it. What I meant was that I had a 17 on one section of the DAT, similar to him.

Relax you are fine.SUNY-Buffalo is a good school and they will allow instate tuition after your first year there. According to the latest stats on their web page 60% of their class is out of state(so much for being a state school). Also give Stonybrook a try. Why not hit all the northeast schools. Harvard may be a reach but there is nothing wrong with having a wishful thinking school among your choice of schools. I've met people who have applied to 13-14 schools so this list is fine. When all said and done you will look back at this process and laugh at yourself for being so paranoid. :thumbup:

My list is :
UConn (State School)
Columbia
Tufts
BU
Buffalo
NYU
Temple
Maryland
UPenn
UMDNJ
Harvard
UPitt

Any comments?

Thank you all for the encouragement.....
thats what i have been hoping that those red flags doesn't affect much.

Bump...anything else for any other college??