rpames

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2000
1,179
2
Oshkosh, WI
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
Ok everyone, here is the plan...

Because the MCAT is graded on a curve we can fix the out come. So everyone with there last name starting with M-Z, you all have to do really bad on this test. This way everyone A-L will have an above average score. This only works if A-L comes back in April and does really bad so M-Z can do well then. This works out because most schools take your best score! Does everyone agree?


P.S. Who else is getting an ulcer?
 
J

jot

someone is getting grouchy before they start med school. i'm sure thats going to go over well.
 
About the Ads

Mudd

Charlatan & Trouble Maker
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2002
376
2
relocated again
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by rpames
Ok everyone, here is the plan...

Because the MCAT is graded on a curve we can fix the out come. So everyone with there last name starting with M-Z, you all have to do really bad on this test. This way everyone A-L will have an above average score. This only works if A-L comes back in April and does really bad so M-Z can do well then. This works out because most schools take your best score! Does everyone agree?

I'm all for it!

Sincerely,

Alan A. Anderson
 

Diogenes

Succat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2002
2,829
5
41
California
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by jot
someone is getting grouchy before they start med school. i'm sure thats going to go over well.

I'm getting it out of my system.:p

Seriously. If this happened med schools would obviously notice and they'd do something about it. Not to mention that it wouldn't really help. There would still be a distribution amongst the people that didn't intentionally tank it. That distribution would provide the comparison the MCAT is designed to give. You can't have everyone beat the system on a test that is scored relatively.
 
J

jot

Seriously. If this happened med schools would obviously notice and they'd do something about it. Not to mention that it wouldn't really help. There would still be a distribution amongst the people that didn't intentionally tank it. That distribution would provide the comparison the MCAT is designed to give. You can't have everyone beat the system on a test that is scored relatively.

are you for real?
 

rpames

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2000
1,179
2
Oshkosh, WI
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
Boy...I thought I would just make a joke. Maybe you should spend the time that you read, replyed, and replyed again and study your self. Clearly this plan wouldn't work, it was suppose to make you smile.
:clap:
 

CoffeeCat

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2001
1,041
0
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Originally posted by Diogenes


I'm getting it out of my system.:p

Seriously. If this happened med schools would obviously notice and they'd do something about it. Not to mention that it wouldn't really help. There would still be a distribution amongst the people that didn't intentionally tank it. That distribution would provide the comparison the MCAT is designed to give. You can't have everyone beat the system on a test that is scored relatively.

???
 
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads