I Have No Clue; Pitt Sent Me A Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpark74

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a letter a week ago from Pitt suggesting that I send them an AMCAS application. So I did and now they sent me a secondary! How the heck did that happen. I do not have great numbers (UGPA 2.97;Sci 3.14,GradGPA 3.92) but I received a 34 on my April MCAT.

Can someone tell me what they use to screen applicants because it obviously isn't GPA!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

i hear they all smoke a bunch of crack before looking at the apps.

actually im kidding -- no idea.

good luck to you.

Grad GPA & MCAT score are both high. Why are you surprised?

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand that my grad GPA is high, but I thought that it doesn't bear as much weight as undergrad GPA. I thought only post bacc GPA was considered a near equivalent to undergrad GPA.

Stanford's criteria places graduate record dead last in their selection factors. I assumed other schools would follow a similar agenda.

Thanks for your input Agent. I used to live near a crackhouse in college. Maybe I can score some and entice the adm committee.

Pitt has been notorious for liking high MCAT scores. Most of the people that received interviews w/o the secondary had high MCAT scores. Your grad GPA had nothing to do with it. It was the 34 on the MCAT.

Also, you said Pitt sent you a letter suggesting you them your AMCAS. Well they couldn't have known your GPA if they didn't have your app. So again, it was your MCAT score.

Originally posted by Explosivo

Also, you said Pitt sent you a letter suggesting you them your AMCAS. Well they couldn't have known your GPA if they didn't have your app. So again, it was your MCAT score.

But they did have my application. They sent me an email saying they had reviewed my AMCAS and wanted me to return the suppl. to them. They must know my dismal GPA and I am skeptical about filling out the supp. Of course, I will fill it out and see what happens. Anything is possible from what I have heard.

Originally posted by dpark74
But they did have my application. They sent me an email saying they had reviewed my AMCAS and wanted me to return the suppl. to them. They must know my dismal GPA and I am skeptical about filling out the supp. Of course, I will fill it out and see what happens. Anything is possible from what I have heard.

From what I heard the secondary screen isn't all that stringent. Nevertheless, good luck to you. I've already sent in my secondary to them and am pretty much waiting for my rejection letter. They're a tough school to get into and I'm what you would call an average applicant.