I Have No Idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gottamakeit

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please let me know what a secondary application looks like? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Write 2-3 essays and send us ~$100.

gottamakeit said:
Can someone please let me know what a secondary application looks like? :confused:
Did you ever apply to college?
Yeah? Now you know.
Get ready for the excitement. The chills, spills, thrills, and kills.
Hold on to your hat, sports fan.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the secondaries available thru the med school websites, or do they only get sent to the applicants after the initial screening? Many people seemed to think that Duke's was horrendous, would be good to know such things beforehand.

bamf7 said:
Write 2-3 essays and send us ~$100.

Where does the recommendation letters and your EC's come in?

uvce said:
Are the secondaries available thru the med school websites, or do they only get sent to the applicants after the initial screening? Many people seemed to think that Duke's was horrendous, would be good to know such things beforehand.

Some schools have it up on their websites...SUNY Upstate, Downstate, Buffalo, Albert Einstein. You can check them out for yourself. Most secondaries are sent out to everyone....it's an easy way for schools to line their pockets. I think Indiana is one of the few schools that only send secondary after screening. I am sure there are a few more.

gottamakeit said:
Where does the recommendation letters and your EC's come in?

Put your ECs on your primary application, LORs go out with your secondary apps.

uvce said:
Yes, Duke's was HORRIBLE!!! It was just a way to keep people from wasting their time if they didn't really want to go to Duke. They convinced me..