1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I have no mail.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jalby, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    It's time for me to cry. I didn't get any mail today. Snif snif. I did have a good conversation with the mail lady today. She said that most of the mail is stuck at the airport because they can't get any planes off the ground. So the past three days she's gotten off work 2-3 hours early. But she said the next couple of days she is going to get killed. I'm just sad I won't be here to receive the mail. No mail for Josh until next Saterday.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

MRF1366- The fact that the OP is "crying" about his mail has nothing to do with the reverence and sorrow he may feel for the dead. Use your brain for once, and not your heart.

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I have to say, Jalbrekt, that yours is THE MOST disappointing post I have ever seen on SDN.

5. even more disappointing than TheBeyonder's thread?

lol "A time to kill?" gosh I thought that post really topped everyone off, including...

MacGuyver's "I am going to med school, and the rest of you can just screw it" :D

:rolleyes:

6. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

MRF....who are YOU to judge him? He hasnt even expressed his views about Tuesday's tragedy. For you to connect his problems with his mail and a tragic event is only immature on your part. I wont judge you, i leave it to you to reason it with yourself.

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Guess I missed TheBeyonder's thread. I did think about MacGyver, but his hyper competitiveness is just so common -- except at SDN :) -- that it didn't strike me the way
    such self-absorbed whining did at a time when the entire nation has come together in the wake of Tuesday's tragedy.

8. is this for real people? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

hehehehehehehe

(I wantout of this)

but it's SO FUNNY

this is what RA says to the other guy "I wont judge you, but UR so immature"

LOOL oh my gosh I cracked up....u guys are hilarious....

Person 2: Ur so imature Person 1
    Person 3: Have you noticed your also immature person 2?
    Person 4: All of you people are so immature. Person 1 to 4 PERIOD

Person 5: very clever guy, comes and makes funny satire of persons 1 through 4 :D

end of story

9. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

WTF is wrong with you guys...damn..just attack everyone...f#cking A man...RELAX!
    Jeez...Jalbrekt has had many great posts and I see NOTHING wrong with this one. Mail is a way to feel good about yourself in times of depression.

Food helps pain. Mail does the same thing. Got it? Mail also is a slight sliver of hope that comes each day.

You know what? I think maybe Jalbrekt was one of the co-conspirators and a terrorist. I am going to report him....don't ya think? Because after all he is acting anti-american in his post....actually, sh!t, that's right...watchamacallit is a communist who hates america too! (isn't that right foxy and kutastha) Let's just ship them all off to the FBI and give them polygraphs. And if they pass, we'll still put them in prison for a year just to be safe. Wow, thanks for bringing this post to my attention guys. We now are safe.

10. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I haven't received anything either. Although it would be nice to get some good news in the wake of all this sadness.

Andrew

11. Jalby

10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Wow. I don't log on for two hours and this place explodes.
    First off, some people needs to be introduced to the word sarcasm. I was not in the slightest bit serious about my "problem" of not getting a single piece of mail today. Anybody remember the post I made about flipping out when I didn't recieve my app is verified E-mail? I made this post to tell people about my conversation with the mail lady about how next week a ton of mail will be delivered while adding a tiny bit of humor. A lot of people on this website like to have every scrap of information and I thaught I would tell them this little peice of information I just got. I was hoping that this would brighten the day for a few people who havn't havn't recieved any mail for the last couple of days and didn't realize why. Look at every post I've made and for the most part they are just trying to give other people usefull information.
    Now I must admit, saying the mail lady was going to get killed was a terrible choice of words. I honestly wasn't thinking about what I was typing and didn't notice that I said that until I reread it for the 4th time right now. Next time I post I definately proofread.

That being said, thanks to the people who defended me (esp Alien and Scoob) and I'm sorry if I offended people. I totally didn't mean to.

12. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

No Watcha, what RA really was saying is that he couldnt call him immature while acting in haste himself. I only wanted him to realize that he wasnt talking sense. And i still wont judge him :)

Anyway, since the OP has had his words on the topic, i'll butt out of it.

13. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

MRF, im sure no one has undermined the enormity of this tragic event. If you want to, i'll be more than happy to discuss what is important in our lives, bringing with me my background from living in the UAE and Pakistan my whole life (in private or otherwise). Yes you are frustrated, and so are many others, but this was not an opportune time to attack someone else posting about a different topic.

Anyway i hope you get my point. My deepest condolences on this tragedy.

14. Rhiana

Rhiana Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

WHOA, I haven't been here in a couple of days because of the personal effect this tragedy is having on me. But I can't believe the anger that I am hearing from so many of you. Who are you people, I thought I knew you once. There was a time when we could joke about the little things like this without making assumptions about those behind them.

I'm glad that I didn't turn here in the midst of my stress. Because sometimes I need to laugh, I need to joke, I need to forget that the world has become so much more serious than it once was.I hope I won't be set upon when I try to fill these needs.

Jal- I hear ya about the mail thing. It's one of those daily routines that was altered in this horrific attack on us. My husband and I are desperatly waiting for him to get his paycheck. Apparently the company that handles his companies finances was partly in the WTC. I for one can't wait for things to get back to normal.

15. Jalby

10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I actually didn't really care about the mail. Sole purpose was b/c of my conversation with the maillady. But I've had my say about what I posted, and I won't post on this line again. Again, sorry for accidently offending people. No harm intended. If you want to discuss this more, just E-mail me at [email protected]

Josh