t.s

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2004
19
0
Status
Hey guys,

Just wanted some of your input...

I was actually one of the early birds (AADSAS # 13--), but due to some personal stuff that came at me during the year, I didn't end up taking the dat until february;

AA = 21
TS = 19
PAT = 15 :scared:
(QR=19, RC=24, B=18, GC=23, OC=19);

I have a cummulative GPA of 3.51 and a science GPA of 3.28. I am hoping to get into ANYWHERE...I have applied to BU, Howard, Nova, Tufts, Temple...

Basically, do I still have a shot this year, or should I start making plans for the 2006 cycle? Should I retake my DATs?
 

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
1,416
0
43
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
wow this is a tough one.

i would say that you would still have a chance to get accepted somewhere with a pat of 15 because the rest of your stats are great. however, i am not so sure about you taking the DAT so late. if i were you, i'd start preparing for 2006. wish you the best of luck. hope you get in this year.
 

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
4,037
4
Philadelphia, PA
Status
PERFECT3435 said:
wow this is a tough one.

i would say that you would still have a chance to get accepted somewhere with a pat of 15 because the rest of your stats are great. however, i am not so sure about you taking the DAT so late. if i were you, i'd start preparing for 2006. wish you the best of luck. hope you get in this year.
I agree. Don't give your hopes but still cover your bases in case you have to reapply during this next cycle. Best of luck!
 
OP
T

t.s

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2004
19
0
Status
Thanks for the feedback.

with regards to reapplying, should I retake the DAT? and is it possible to use the same letters of recommendation (ie---can I ask the adcoms to re-use the letters?)?

thanks again for your input!
 

Nendo21

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
271
0
Visit site
Status
t.s said:
Thanks for the feedback.

with regards to reapplying, should I retake the DAT? and is it possible to use the same letters of recommendation (ie---can I ask the adcoms to re-use the letters?)?

thanks again for your input!
contact the schools you applied to, you have a good gpa and good dat other than the pat you are a strong applicant call and make sure that they haven't tossed your application out because it was incomplete for so long, you still have a chance at bu, tufts and nyu since they accept late(if you applied to any of these schools) good luck!
 

crazy8

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2004
40
0
Status
Nendo21 said:
contact the schools you applied to, you have a good gpa and good dat other than the pat you are a strong applicant call and make sure that they haven't tossed your application out because it was incomplete for so long, you still have a chance at bu, tufts and nyu since they accept late(if you applied to any of these schools) good luck!
nendo - any news, hopefully good, yet?

where did you apply?
 

Dr.Bear

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
139
0
NY
Status
I definitely think that you still have a shot...your A.A. of the DAT is strong! And your GPA's are not shabby either. I would definitely call the schools that you applied to and ask what the status of your application is. Think about it this way... if you took it recently, they may not have even received the DAT score yet. You still may be "incomplete" to them. I would call to ask if they have received the scores, and sort of "feel out their responses" I think you definitely have a STRONG chance of getting in SOMEWHERE. As for the 2006 cycle, re-taking the DAT is a tough decision.. (it's not something you are DYING TO DO AGAIN) I would talk to your pre-health advisor or someone that has been mentoring you and ask for advice.... but the way I feel is that with a little more studying your score may go up EVEN MORE! Good Luck .
 

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
214
0
Status
t.s said:
Hey guys,

Just wanted some of your input...

I was actually one of the early birds (AADSAS # 13--), but due to some personal stuff that came at me during the year, I didn't end up taking the dat until february;

AA = 21
TS = 19
PAT = 15 :scared:
(QR=19, RC=24, B=18, GC=23, OC=19);

I have a cummulative GPA of 3.51 and a science GPA of 3.28. I am hoping to get into ANYWHERE...I have applied to BU, Howard, Nova, Tufts, Temple...

Basically, do I still have a shot this year, or should I start making plans for the 2006 cycle? Should I retake my DATs?

TS sorry to sound harsh but WHY ARE YOU CRYING????

I think your in good shape and I would be happy with your scores. I know people that have had an avg of 14 and 15's that have gotten in so dont worry about a 15 on one part my man !!!
 

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
1,416
0
43
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
vertical bite said:
TS sorry to sound harsh but WHY ARE YOU CRYING????

I think your in good shape and I would be happy with your scores. I know people that have had an avg of 14 and 15's that have gotten in so dont worry about a 15 on one part my man !!!

read his 1st post again. horizontal bite.