I just bombed Step II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sean wilson

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Despite studying for a solid 3 weeks, I honestly felt like throwing the computer out of the window on more than one occasion today. I do not know how I would have done better on this test. The first Step test was not too bad; I left it wondering if I did well enough for my goals, not if I passed it. This one was completely different. Seemed much longer, questions were far more intricate, etc.

I did well in med school and on the first Step exam, and used Q-bank and the First Aid book for this exam. Hope those of you waiting to take it feel better than I did on completion.

-SW

Members don't see this ad.

Not to be a contrarian, but isn't the general consensus that Step 2 is easier than Step 1? From what I've heard, people automatically jump 10-20 points from their Step 1 score, if they put in a honest effort.

On average, people do exactly the same on Step II--because they are normed tests with roughly the same mean.

Having said that, I think Step II was an easier test for me--I felt well prepared having taken most of the shelf exams.

You probably did just fine on the test. Level of confidence after the test has little (or could be inversly correlated) with your score.

These threads are a bit silly. Many people will read how you failed the test, and when you get your 220, you won't bother to correct the thread. I have had many friends who thought they did terrible and then great.

sean, I've read many a "I just failed step 2" posts writen immediately after taking the exam. Most, if not all of them, find they did just fine and they get lots of agreement that you still feel ****ty comming out of the exam. I'd relax for a bit until scores come.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure you did much better than you think! I'm hoping it works out for you! But I had a question for one of the previous replies. This is one of the things I'm struggling with. People on these forums do say that you tend to do the same on step 2 as on step 1. Well, with a 214, I'm not too excited about getting the same score on step 2. And therefore, I'm confused on when to take the damn thing. Any ideas?

Not looking foward to this test, but it's something you just gotta do. My Step 2 is scheduled for first week of July...