I just feel like a major loser and idiot

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuteElectron

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm attempting to write essays for some scholarships I'm trying to apply for soon but I don't really have any accomplishments to write. Yeah, I'm pathetic. :(
The essay questions are all like:

List the three most important activities in which you took a leadership role. For each one, briefly state why it was important for you to assume the responsibility of leader.

Using one or two specific examples from the leadership experiences listed above, describe how your successes and failures have contributed to your development as a leader.

I've never been a leader, never participated in activities where I was a leader and never considered myself a leader in my lifetime.
I just feel like I don't even qualify for the scholarship.... but seriously, how many people of my age in the world actually have such experiences necessary to answer the questions above?

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe you should try a different orbital...I hear p's are relatively friendly.

These experiences don't really have to be from big or major activities. I'm sure you must have lead or have been part of a leading group in a certain activity (big or small) one way or another. :) Just try to recall.

Oh and there are actually several people your age that have done these things (I presume you're a teenager.). Good luck! :thumbup:

P.S. You can always try applying for another scholarship. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, religious activity counts for activity and community involvement. I always use it.

You could try in class examples as well if you had to work with large groups.

athletics? a group project? Youth Camp?...pretty much anything..Im sure you have had to have led something...its just about how well you can BS your essay.

I'm attempting to write essays for some scholarships I'm trying to apply for soon but I don't really have any accomplishments to write. Yeah, I'm pathetic. :(
The essay questions are all like:

List the three most important activities in which you took a leadership role. For each one, briefly state why it was important for you to assume the responsibility of leader.

Using one or two specific examples from the leadership experiences listed above, describe how your successes and failures have contributed to your development as a leader.

I've never been a leader, never participated in activities where I was a leader and never considered myself a leader in my lifetime.
I just feel like I don't even qualify for the scholarship.... but seriously, how many people of my age in the world actually have such experiences necessary to answer the questions above?

Don't bother applying. Based on the threads you've started, these schalorships aren't meant for you. They're there for people that work hard to achieve things.

No need to get worked up over this; just don't apply. Go do whatever it is that you like to do. Let your scholarly, leadership-oriented, successful-in-the-real-world peers fret over this.

BTW, religious activity counts for activity and community involvement. I always use it.
Unfortunately I'm not religious.

athletics? a group project? Youth Camp?...pretty much anything..Im sure you have had to have led something...
I wasn't involved in any of the things you mentioned. I'm so pathetic. :(

its just about how well you can BS your essay.
I do have some very small activities where I was a "leader". (but it's still quite embarrassing to refer to those as my leadership experience cause my role wasn't really like a leader) I think I can just BS my essay to make some of my activities seem like real great leadership experiences but I feel guilty to actually do that..... and scared of getting busted..

This is good advice. But "Cu-- Electron" is so negative and depressing. It's probaly just a subatomic particle bound for annihilation.

I'm being serious here..... plz don't say things like that you meanies.

Well golly f-ing gee there chief, the answer is simple: DON'T APPLY. Also, don't knock yourself down for this crap; it's pointless. If you didn't do any leadership roles, you didn't do any. It's whatever. You have other strengths. Find scholarships related to those strengths. End of story. There are also scholarships that are really stupid. http://www.collegeandfinance.com/32-weird-scholarships-almost-anyone-can-get/ Those are a few of them. Go for the gold.

OH AND:

Hahaha, hate you and myself because this was sadly a lol-bringer. :[

Hey I admit that I wouldn't have much to put there either. The only "leadership" I would be able to write about was when I take control of a group project away from other people because otherwise its going to be a complete ****ing disaster and we'll end up getting a C on the project.

Best bet? Make something up. Talk about leading by example I dunno.

So you're not qualified to apply for the scholarship. Big deal. Give it your best BS and let the scholarship people decide if you're qualified.

And I think there are many people w/ very strong leadership experiences our age.

OP, get off SDN and start brainstorming/BS-ing for your essays. No point in lamenting your lack of leadership experiences if it's not going to help you in any way now.