I just got a weird secondary email from Duke..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cms

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is what it says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in the Duke University School of Medicine.

The AMCAS Application Deadline for DukeMed was October 15th, 2012.

You have received this email because you submitted a request for AMCAS to process/verify your application after this posted deadline. Records are processed by AMCAS in the order they are received, which may take from anywhere from 4-6 weeks to verify your application. Even though we have your application, our Admissions Committee has instructed this office to discontinue distribution of the secondary application to all applicants who missed the deadline at this time.

Regards,

THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice they say the deadline was October 2012??? and that's why they can't send me the secondaries anymore..

Since I'm applying this year, this has to be a mistake right?

Members don't see this ad.

This is what it says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have received this email because you submitted a request for AMCAS to process/verify your application after this posted deadline. Records are processed by AMCAS in the order they are received, which may take from anywhere from 4-6 weeks to verify your application. Even though we have your application, our Admissions Committee has instructed this office to discontinue distribution of the secondary application to all applicants who missed the deadline at this time.

Regards,

THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice they say the deadline was October 2012??? and that's why they can't send me the secondaries anymore..

Ya it's a mistake. Take a deep breath and email the admissions office letting them know you recieved the message.

This is not a mistake. Due to technical difficulties with AMCAS, all applications must have been received last year in order for you to be admitted this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is not a mistake. Due to technical difficulties with AMCAS, all applications must have been received last year in order for you to be admitted this cycle.

This is what AAMC is saying too.

ya but how is it the fault of early applicants who had their data already submitted to medical schools? it's not like they clicked the submit data button. Why are they receiving this email? Seems like a mistake to me.

It is a mistake.
AMCAS sent the applications for the 2014 cycle today, but it looks like Duke may not have been ready for that.

This is what it says:

Regards,

THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

I got the same email. I'm not worried about it; it is clearly a mistake. I wrote a polite reply pointing out the mistake.

Somewhere in the Duke School of Medicine IT department a guy wearing jeans and a baseball cap just bought a Mountain Dew while muttering "it's gonna be a long weekend" to himself.

I was just kidding :oops:

It's definitely a mistake

They probably didn't update their autoreply because they thought they had until the 5th.

ya but how is it the fault of early applicants who had their data already submitted to medical schools? it's not like they clicked the submit data button. Why are they receiving this email? Seems like a mistake to me.

Sarcasm on the internet is hard to detect apparently.