1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

i just got an interview invitation from tulane!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Milhouse Van Houten, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

wow, that was fast! i got a small envelope and i thought i was already rejected or something. my interview is scheduled for mid-september. i'm really excited, but then i'm kind of worried they just invited a lot of people who had sent in copies of their app to an interview because they wanted to get the process rolling. what do you think?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Wow!
    Good job!!!
    I have been lazy and haven't sent them anything yet :(
    How were your scores and grades if you don't mind me asking?
    Where are you from too?

4. Bruin4Life

Bruin4Life Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Petros are you a early decision applicant? Nonetheless, that was fast. CONGRATS!

5. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wow Petros. That is awesome. Best of luck in the interview!

6. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Go Petros, Go Petros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my best.

7. 6-8 Weeks

6-8 Weeks Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Good job, at least someone has benefited from an early application despite AMCAS. Best of luck to you Petros! :D

8. MedPuck

MedPuck Made
    7+ Year Member

Congrats Petros! Good luck and may you receive an early acceptance too! :D

9. Milhouse Van Houten

10+ Year Member

no, i am not an early decision applicant.

scooby: i mailed off my stuff exactly 14 days ago. i have a 30S on my MCAT and 3.94 Science GPA, 3.93 overall. I am a white male who goes to a UC school.

anyway, please let me know if anyone has heard anything,too. good luck guys!

10. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

the floodgates have opened.. i am very happy to her the next stage of the process has begun. Can you beleive it guys? We are well on our way there..
    *stop, dont get too excited yet, kid, you haven't received an interview invite yet, let alone get accepted*

oh yea...
    :p

11. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I guess I should have opened my mail before posting. I got an interview notice today too. I mailed in my application on 7/19/01. My numbers are significantly lower than Petros'. Not a URM. Good luck to all.

12. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Congrats petros and mdhopeful. Tulane seems to really be on the ball. I really thought MCW would be the first school to start offering interviews but it seems they're too busy e-mailing everyone to send in the designated schools list. Hey mdhopeful, you said you mailed in your AMCAS application on 7/19? Do you remember when you sent your secondary application in? Congrats again. I think you'll find Dr. Pisano to be quite a character. I've heard a lot about him. Good luck in your interviews!

13. bubbaap

bubbaap Member
    7+ Year Member

Congratulations petros and mdhopeful!!! I didn't think we'd all be seeing these kind of threads for a while yet. Best of luck to you both :)

14. Milhouse Van Houten

10+ Year Member

i'm sorry if i sound skeptical, but i have a feeling that more people are going to get interview invitations from tulane than usual. i think they're worried b/c of the AMCAS delays and may be offering interviews to many of those who have already sent in apps. i mean, how many apps could they possibly have right now to choose between those that are competitive and those that are not? flying out to new orleans is really expensive if tulane wouldn't ordinarily be interviewing me. i sure hope that they are genuinely interested in me, though. it really made my day. with all this stuff going on with AMCAS, this alleviated all of my worries and boosted my confidence.

15. 6-8 Weeks

6-8 Weeks Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I really doubt that tulane would lower their standards because of the AMCAS situation, after all it does cost them money and time to setup extra interviews and to review more applications thoroughly. Most likely, they would have to have more interview days and that would be quite costly as well. Don't worry, you have every right to be confident and happy. Hey, enjoy the benefits of your hard work and promptness! Again, congrats, and start preparing!!!

:D :D :D :D

16. Georgey

Georgey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

mdhopeful, do mind sharing your numbers as well. I sent in my secondary materials around the same time and have heard nothing from tulane. I didn't think much of it considering what petros' numbers were, but if you have siginificantly lower numbers and still got an interview i suppose that should mean something to me. if you don't want to share your numbers could just let me how they compare to mine: MCAT: 33T, GPA: 3.3. Thanks.

17. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Congrats on the interviews!

Like a previous poster, I seriously doubt that Tulane would be going to the trouble of interviewing many more students than normal because of AMCAS difficulties. Just appreciate that you have a competitive application at this point, go to New Orleans and have a great time! If you haven't been there before, give yourself an extra day or two to see the city -- it can be a lot of fun.

18. ERMED

ERMED Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey

CONGRATS on the interviews and good luck. Petros, would you mind telling me what UC school you assist?

19. Sir William Osler

Sir William Osler Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

a question to you tulane interview guys/gals. have you submitted everything like amcas, recommendations and secondaries? or did they give you the interview before your file was complete? anxious tulane applicant.

20. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Georgey, my numbers are lower than yours both MCAT and GPA. I'm a non-trad, with a Masters, non-URM, went to a small liberal arts college, been out for 4 years, CA resident, submitted AMCAS June 21, sent in my printed app and secondary to Tulane on 7/19/01. My committee letter should have been there waiting when I sent in my printed AMCAS. That's all the info I have. Good luck.

21. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Congrats!

Just a quick question about the secondary. I finished school 2 years ago. do i need to list the classes that meet their requirements on the secondary application? I ask this because on the secondary there is a space saying, "grades received." What have you people done?

22. Georgey

Georgey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks mdhopeful. good luck at the interview.

23. Milhouse Van Houten

10+ Year Member

CU in med school: definitely not. i finished these prereqs in my first two years of college. thus, they were listed on my amcas application when it was submitted. some classes were listed as "in progress" on my primary, but since these did not apply to prereqs, all i wrote for #6 was "N/A." The reason it says "grade received" is because some students may have gotten their grades for their prereqs AFTER submitting their primary.
    Hope this helps.

24. kris

kris Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Wow, this is soon given all the AMCAS screwups.

Congratulations! How exciting. Don't forget to check out interviewfeedback.com.

Good luck!

--kris

25. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

26. kornphan

kornphan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi...this is for people that got an interview at tulane..di you already send in your recs. as well, or just the secondary? i sent in the secondary but not my recs yet so i was just wondering....thanks

27. Drako

Drako Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Petros!! Congratulations!!! Good luck man! ****, I better send out my primary quickly!! :)

28. AhmedDO

AhmedDO Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Petros:
    I am a white male who goes to a UC school. :D :D That is all you need >>White guy ;)

29. Hey Petros,

When did you submit your AMCAS application?

Thanks

30. Milhouse Van Houten

10+ Year Member

i submitted my application on july 8th.

by the way, why did someone write "that's all you need" in response to me stating i am a white male from a UC school?

31. who knows, who cares, and who understands? referring to the comment "that is all you need"

I didnt get it either :confused:

32. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Petros, any med-school in the nation can fill it's class with 4.0ers with the first hundred apps it receives! Don't kid yourself, they have PLENTY of apps already (there are a LOT of people chomping at the bit to get there AMCASes in on the VERY first day...all across the nation), so picking you for an interview was not an accident or because "they don't have enough apps yet". Be PROUD you got an interview...and start getting ready for it!!!

Don't forget you guys, Interview Feedback is a site that has actual interview feedback for every school in the nation. It's an invaluable tool for those of you about to interview!

Good Luck!