I just got kicked in the teeth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why do I feel like i'll be repeating this ordeal in august? :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

JKDMed said:
I'm sure that is a common feeling by everyone. Chill out and relax dude. Although it's no consolation, I'll be there in August with ya. :D Kinda glad I decided to wait though.

I feel like I could have rocked it with a little more time, d'oh! Then during the BS section I totally blancked out from exhaustion near the end. Not a fun test at all!

Unless you're sure something went absolutely wrong, I'm sure you did fine. Remember if the test seemed relatively hard, it was probably just a hard version, and the curve will make everything right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everybody blanks out at the end of the BS section. You're spent. I felt the same way when I took it, and I still did well. Cerb, I'm sure that you did better than you think.

man, i wish i was done. got here at 8am, its 3:45 now... BS is going to start in 27mins

I had form AM and all that I can say is that I'm totally numb.
Hell of alot of gen chem
TOO much molecular and genetic hardly any ORGO ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WTF was that passage on RB and the MUTANT

I'm officially in depressed mode!! :confused: :scared:

At least its over....now its time for a drink and maybe a nap....

Waiting for the scores is going to get damn frustrating pretty soon....

dpoke1 said:
I had form AM and all that I can say is that I'm totally numb.
Hell of alot of gen chem
TOO much molecular and genetic hardly any ORGO ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WTF was that passage on RB and the MUTANT

I'm officially in depressed mode!! :confused: :scared:

You should be happy with your PS. I had form DK, lots of physics and calculations with hunting for terms to plug into equations--yes, Kaplan-type PS.

But there is still August.

TripleDegree said:
that has got to have been the f**ing hardest test I have taken.....and i think i did horribly :(

Save BS, the others sucked . . . I can't help but say August. Praying the computer makes a mistake and gives me at least 10's.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had form CH. verbal was a total bitch. bio, which is typically my strong suit, gave me the ROYAL SCREW with TWO passages on what i suck at: non-molecular genetics. i HATE drosophila and their stupid multiple alleles and their stupid 5 different polygenic eye color combinations.....me angry....must kill.....

btw, i sure as sh.t won't be there in august. although i 'never say never,'......NEVER!!! hahahahahahhahaha!!!!

From what I'm reading, your tests sound a little different from mine last year. My BS was at least half organic and PS was a least half physics. Go out tonight. The queen mother has been defeated.

don't forget that it's graded on a scale... if everyone does "bad" then it all evens out in the wash... congrates on getting it done! :) Now enjoy your saturday night!

My breakdown (form CT):

PS: not too bad (i dont think i rocked it or anything, but it didnt feel horrible), fair mix of physics and chem
VR: DAYUUMMM, that shiz was hard. no specifics, just hard
BS: WTF? BS, you were always my friend? There was a hard ass orgo passage and a few other passages that i had to reread over and over to understand.

superdevil said:
i had form CH. verbal was a total bitch. bio, which is typically my strong suit, gave me the ROYAL SCREW with TWO passages on what i suck at: non-molecular genetics. i HATE drosophila and their stupid multiple alleles and their stupid 5 different polygenic eye color combinations.....me angry....must kill.....

btw, i sure as sh.t won't be there in august. although i 'never say never,'......NEVER!!! hahahahahahhahaha!!!!

Actually I did the drosophila passage last as I hate the organism. Nailed all O-chem's before bio . . . yeah, love o-chem.

PS initially my strongest turned to be a nightmare eventually.

PS= initially thought I was going to pull a 15, then midway those calculations and geo passages (which I hate) just shot 15 down to probably 7, maybe 6.

VR= thought I was going to pull a 15 till I met those mid-pasages with 10 questions.

BS=well, it was ok--was never expecting a 15 walking in.

Conclusion: expecting a lop-sided score but praying for 30 with at least 10's, otherwise August will be a good month, and med-school apps will be deferred. I wouldn't be shocked with a 22.

Form DK here.

just out of curiosity, what where the writing sample "statements"????

oh yeah, like some of you guys are saying re: verbal--i hate those 10-11 question passages in the middle! damn them all. i had two: one on the perspective which one would view colonial artifacts and their purposes (easy) and one psychology passage about multiple personalities/amnesia (insanely hard). again, form CH.

did i mention...ITS OVER! F&%# YEAH! :thumbup:

I had form AT. Here are my impressions of the various sections:

PS: Oh God where the hell did this come from?
V: Not too bad
BS: Pretty straightforward

I spent the last two weeks of studying PS concentrating on electrostatics, E&M, optics, and sound. So what happens? A few sound questions sprinkled around, 2 optics, and virtually no electrostatics or E&M at all.

I was exactly like Nuel, PS went from my strength to WTF was that???

I think I did well on verbal and BS, should be about what I was scoring on practice exams. PS I have no clue.

Now we get to wait around in agony wondering how we scored.

speaking of copyright infringement...i had cerb's prompts, and they were basically verbatim what i had done with princeton review...

Kazema said:
Not sure but this might be copyright infringement.

It's not. At least we pay them $190. Actually there is the possibility that some of us are going to pay the sum again.

WTF? I went in damn sure I could pull at least a 32 :( .

Nuel said:
It's not. At least we pay them $190. Actually there is the possibility that some of us are going to pay the sum again.

WTF? I went in damn sure I could pull at least a 32 :( .

damn nuel, i'm sure u did aite. u were rockin the practices

I had DM.

Cerebrus-
Know a good dentist? I got my frickin teeth kicked in too.
I had CM; anyone else wanna wallow in the sorrow that was my VR and BS?
The bright side of things? 1) I'll retake in August. 2) My writing sample kicked ass. 3) I finished and hour ago and I'm already 3 beers in...
Cheers!

dc

My thoughts on form FK:

PS: Pretty easy...my guess about 12-14

VR: blah i failed verbal...my guess is about an 8

BS: pretty easy....3 of the passages were topics I covered in my Molecular Biology and Biochem class...it's a shame I pretty much forgot those topics. However, it did make the passage an easy read because I had prior knowledge. my guess is about a 12-14

so my guess score is somewhere in the range of 33.

final comments - verbal sucks.

blz, was the amount of calculations immense in PS, I mean physics? I had form Dk. I thought I was born to work with numbers.

Well I know some of you guys feel bad about this test, but I don't think anyone feels confident after the MCAT. But remember, there's supposedly an experimental passage that doesn't count, who knows maybe you got only the experimental questions wrong.

An Yong said:
Well I know some of you guys feel bad about this test, but I don't think anyone feels confident after the MCAT. But remember, there's supposedly an experimental passage that doesn't count, who knows maybe you got only the experimental questions wrong.

Hey, who are you? I am curious if I saw you today. What room were you in?

Cerberus said:
Hey, who are you? I am curious if I saw you today. What room were you in?

Room 106 - Asian Guy

Btw, I feel like i didn't do as well as I did on the practice tests either cerb, so your not the only one =) That bio was a b*tch and I had to pee like crazy during verbal haha. Was it just me or was that building really warm... I felt really sleepy by the time I hit the writing section.

An Yong said:
Room 106 - Asian Guy

Btw, I feel like i didn't do as well as I did on the practice tests either cerb, so your not the only one =) That bio was a b*tch and I had to pee like crazy during verbal haha. Was it just me or was that building really warm... I felt really sleepy by the time I hit the writing section.

Woah! I always thought you were a chick (the hole An thing). I was in room 107, the guy with the black "Tennessee Crew" Jacket who looked like he hadnt slept in a week.

An Yong said:
Room 106 - Asian Guy

Oh yeah, what form did you have?

Cerberus said:
Oh yeah, what form did you have?

CT - a lot more genetics than I thought there would be, I wish I had reviewed more genetics.

felipe5 said:
just out of curiosity, what where the writing sample "statements"????
#1 - A successful politician resembles the ordinary citizen.
#2 - Communication technology has broken down human interaction. (can't remember the exact wording on this one).

An Yong said:
CT - a lot more genetics than I thought there would be, I wish I had reviewed more genetics.

Yeah, I ended up doing the genetics passage at the end (i skipped around a little). So i was really rushed and it wasnt that easy either..

Still, the one that absolutely owned me was that Orgo passage near the middle of BS...DAMN that thing didnt even make sense to me!

Form CN here.... Just from the start I knew by the form code that it was going to be a killer...
PS: was pretty straightforward..lots of gen. chem. and the physics was alight
Verbal: I had some passages that were easy and others that were pretty in
depth.
BS: God save me. I swear I had to guess on half of it. The orgo was nothing that I had studied with Kaplan materials and biology seemed to concentrate on lots of nonmolecular genetics. Hoping for about a 5.

I'll be seeing all you August MCATers on here again around that time.

Time to go have a few drinks. Later

LanceP97 said:
Form CN here.... Just from the start I knew by the form code that it was going to be a killer...
PS: was pretty straightforward..lots of gen. chem. and the physics was alight
Verbal: I had some passages that were easy and others that were pretty in
depth.
BS: God save me. I swear I had to guess on half of it. The orgo was nothing that I had studied with Kaplan materials and biology seemed to concentrate on lots of nonmolecular genetics. Hoping for about a 5.

I'll be seeing all you August MCATers on here again around that time.

Time to go have a few drinks. Later

Man do I feel you on the BS...

I had form BN, as in Bachelors of Nursing, which is what those of us who blew this form are going to end up with :laugh: . And my test code had '666' as the middle three numbers. Yes, I had the MCAT of the beast. :scared:

PS: Either it was really easy or I had no clue what they wanted, cause it didn't seem that hard.
VR: Gravy, baby.
BS: Uh, what? (my summary of the ENTIRE section)

And my writing samples were the same as the aforementioned ones. I made the second one funny because I was too sick of BSing them.

I just took the test and aslo had form DM, just wondering how you truly felt about the test in general? I felt PS was okay, but verbal kind of kicked my ass. Especially that long passage with very long asnwers I think it was on myths or something! I thought BS was my strength, but i'm not sure today although I was happy there were only 17 questions on organic. I hope everyone did well! Good Luck

My breakdown of the test: Form AH

PS: better than any of my practices I'm hoping
VR: 50% hard and 50% not so hard
BS: WTF!!!! I'M SOOO PISSED I COULD PUKE!
WS: Hell YA! Give me my T. The first one was great and the second I had during the 3 diag for PR

Overall: I'll be satisfied with a 22 due to the BS, hoping for a 28, retaking in August

Well it's almost 6pm. Gotta go pick up the keg :D

jonb12997 said:
don't forget that it's graded on a scale... if everyone does "bad" then it all evens out in the wash... congrates on getting it done! :) Now enjoy your saturday night!

Yup, that's always good to remember. And everyone comes out feeling like crap. :)

I had form CK

PS: not too bad, but knowing my luck..who knows
VR: i had some doubts
BS: Am I suppose to know this stuff?..... had a confused look the whole time.. :confused:

Same form as Nuel (DK), and you almost quoted my sentiments exactly.

PS: I was rolling along, thinking, "dude, this is awesome, I'm rocking it!" Then, hit all those calculations and stuff and just bombed from there on out, didn't finish one of the passages.

VR: eh, verbal is verbal it is always challenging for me. What was up with those 10 question passages thought, geez!

BS: used to be my friend too. Totally glazed over, blanked out, and was like, ok, so everything I studied, none of it is here. Give me some hormone questions, or respiration!

So, in summary, I'll be seeing some of ya'll in August for sure (which sucks, I had such a fun summer planned!). But for now, now I DRINK!!!!

Nuel said:
blz, was the amount of calculations immense in PS, I mean physics? I had form Dk. I thought I was born to work with numbers.

Yea I did noticed it was somewhat number crunching crazy but I thought all the math was fairly straightforward. From the way you're commenting about your exam though, I doubt we had the same passages. Keep your head up, you did fine.

In my opinion, I thought Verbal was the easiest and Bio was the hardest. At my test center, the woman who administered our test only gave us 25 minutes for our 2nd writing sample. Can you believe that? She gave us our 5 min warning at the 20 min mark. After she called time, about 3 students raised their hands and said, "Um, don't we get 5 more minutes?" It was the general consensus of the class that we were short-changed, but she just moved on anyways. Total crap. I was in the middle of my concluding paragraph and I had to stop mid sentence before I even finished answering the third question (the "who determines if something is blah blah blah or not" question in the statement). Totally not cool MCAT lady, not cool at all.

rob14599 said:
In my opinion, I thought Verbal was the easiest and Bio was the hardest. At my test center, the woman who administered our test only gave us 25 minutes for our 2nd writing sample. Can you believe that? She gave us our 5 min warning at the 20 min mark. After she called time, about 3 students raised their hands and said, "Um, don't we get 5 more minutes?" It was the general consensus of the class that we were short-changed, but she just moved on anyways. Total crap. I was in the middle of my concluding paragraph and I had to stop mid sentence before I even finished answering the third question (the "who determines if something is blah blah blah or not" question in the statement). Totally not cool MCAT lady, not cool at all.

Damn, they can do that? You should write to the MCAT people and complain.