I just noticed.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
that Prtizker mailed me their rejection letter in a used envelope. It wasn't even addressed from the medical school. It was addressed from the Dept. of Biological Sciences. The person's name at the top of the return address was SCRATCHED OUT (got that right) with a black pen and the thing was mailed to me in my name.

Can't they even afford to buy new envelopes to treat their rejects right??? Sheesh. After all those damn essays they made us write, you'd figure that's the least they could do.

I am glad I'm not going there. Good luck to those accepted there! They are some real charmers. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Remember my post about the shredder? Well, this one sounds like a good candidate.

I thought the application fees we pay these schools are supposed to help fund basic admissions costs like envelopes.
What a crock!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ana
Remember my post about the shredder? Well, this one sounds like a good candidate.

amen sista. I've been fantasizing about that for a while now.

Shredder Party!!

is there a way you could use the same envelope to write another lettr back to them, asking them to rconsider? if all hope is lost, why not have some fun? (remember, schools dont have the luxury of time or opporunity to 'blacklist' for petty pranks)

Originally posted by shamthis
is there a way you could use the same envelope to write another lettr back to them, asking them to rconsider? if all hope is lost, why not have some fun? (remember, schools dont have the luxury of time or opporunity to 'blacklist' for petty pranks)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And then I can come on SDN and post about my bout with the coma that caused me to forget to put a stamp on the "3rd-hand used" letter sent to them.

You're funny shammy.

I would call them about it. I'm not kidding. That's insulting.

aaww shucks
at least they g ot the "division of the Biological sciences AND the Pritzker school of Med" part right.

So what if this letter was probably re-used from last year and their black marker ink used for scratching out the name bled on my poor rejection. :rolleyes:

Heard about the kid last year who kept getting rejected by the SAME school for a week??? He kept getting a rejection letter from the school each day for a whole week. Can't get more insulting than that. :eek: :eek:

I got the exact same thing, and noticed it right away! Watch how our rejections were sent in the same bunch. It looked very unprofessional, especially how we spend so much time making sure everything is correct and neat on our applications and correspondences with schools.

hey tweetie, i've already commented several times about pritzker's ****ty envelope. it really is very inconsiderate. i realize pritzker is a good school and many people on SDN are affiliated with the school so I will not make any bad comments. but needless to say their action left a very bad taste in my mouth and I found it lacking any sense of class whatsoever.