Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

I Just Read This

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Dr JPH, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]
    This has been out for 2 weeks now, but I just stumbled across it.

<a href="http://www.time.com/time/columnist/jaroff/article/0,9565,213482,00.html" target="_blank">http://www.time.com/time/columnist/jaroff/article/0,9565,213482,00.html</a>

Time magazine talking about chiropractors.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY

Attending Physician
    That article was intersting...especially because I just had my OMM midterm practical today and my regional diagnosis was Cervicals...and one of my tx was AA HVLA..

Luckily I enagaged the barrier...and POP went the AA..hoefully she will make it through...

After a whole weekend of Cervcal HVLA practice...I am feeling worn and dead..and find myself thanking God that this midterm is over..and have some time before the cumulative final....

Whew....

Good luck at PCOM by the way!!!

4. Stillfocused

Stillfocused Senior Member

How much of the controversy in this article reflects the long standing struggle between "striaghts" and "mixers?"

Is Jaroslaw Grod a "straight" or a "mixer?"

Do you think that the high incidence of CVA reported here is due too Chiropratic's focus on going beyond normal barriers?

The stats that I have seen about CVA due to HVLA seem to show that DC's and MD's have a much higher indcidence of catastrophic outcomes that DO's.