I just received an email from Mayo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medking

The time will come...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It says to pay their fee before they look at my AMCAS.

I have 2 questions:

1. Has anyone received this email? (Is this the first email batch sent out?)

2. Does Mayo somehow screen applicants before sending this email out? Or is it just sent to all that applied to Mayo?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It says to pay their fee before they look at my AMCAS.

I have 2 questions:

1. Has anyone received this email? (Is this the first email batch sent out?)

2. Does Mayo somehow screen applicants before sending this email out? Or is it just sent to all that applied to Mayo?

Thanks!

1. Yes, I just posted about it in the secondary thread.

2. I don't know but I suspect it's the latter.

Yeah. just got it too. probably sent out to everyone. I was a little surprised because they're asking us to pay to even look at the primary? not even a secondary yet?

haha. yay for applying to med school...

Members don't see this ad :)
i got the email too. at least it saves you the trouble of spending time on a secondary. plus most secondary information is redudant and can be found in the primary anyways.

but someone out there is going to submit the fee, and be rejected within the same day.

Don't know anything about Mayo, did not even apply there, but I would call the school and confirm before I send money anywhere.

i got the email too. at least it saves you the trouble of spending time on a secondary. plus most secondary information is redudant and can be found in the primary anyways.

but someone out there is going to submit the fee, and be rejected within the same day.

Isn't their "secondary" a phone interview? And there will probably be a lot of people who pay the fee and get rejected since I've heard that only 500 get the phone "secondary."

Is anyone else having problems with the link in the e-mail?

yea, mayo secondary = scheduled phone interview

got the email too...no probs though.

time to wait...

that's me. with an avg cum gpa of 3.8, i don't stand a chance. they want diversity in everything except gpas.

From what I understand, their secondary isn't the phone interview. They take your money, take a look at your primary, and if they like you enough, they will ask you to forward them your recommendation letters. After reading those letters, THEN they schedule you for a phone interview. If they like you enough over the little chit chat on the phone, then they invite you to Minnesota for an interview.

yea, mayo secondary = scheduled phone interview

got the email too...no probs though.

time to wait...

Blarg... I've tried to access the link from 2 different computers and still no luck. Am I the only one who can't get to payment page?

Blarg... I've tried to access the link from 2 different computers and still no luck. Am I the only one who can't get to payment page?

I couldn't get it it, but then I realized it was b/c when I copied/pasted the address, it had a . at the end. Once I deleted the period it worked fine

I noted in the secondary thread, that another poster said Mayo wasn't doing phone interviews this year, and was going to send a paper (or online) supplemental to 500 ppl only. I don't know if this is true, but Mayo does reference a "secondary application" on their website. I'm not sure if they used the same verbage to refer to their phone interview.

Thanks for the tip, xcgirl. I finally got to the page.

Yeah. just got it too. probably sent out to everyone. I was a little surprised because they're asking us to pay to even look at the primary? not even a secondary yet?

haha. yay for applying to med school...

trying to make that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
pre-screen required payment!!!!
YOU HAVE TO PAY TO BE SCREENED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
wow

everyone pays now so the few accepted students can get their huge scholarships