i know i know...but still....what is NOT high yield in FA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
as the test date is coming closer, i'm sure a lot of you are planning to run through FA as many times as possible...my goal now is to spend the last five days before the test to read the entire FA one more time....i should be done with world bank before that; hopefully i will have everything from world bank already annotated on FA by that time. may be just the day before the test i'll do some questions for warm-up.
as of now, i am not planning to repeat World bank but i'm annotating anything new in world bank to FA; so if everything works out, i should have time to look them over before the test.

as for some low yield stuff from FA, do you guys have any clues? is there anything i probably shouldn't bother studying the week before the test?

Members don't see this ad.

The problem with identifying Low-yield in FA is that it's highly test dependent. Given your test, something may be high yield for you but not for others. For, me psych was very low yield but what if you get a psych heavy test? There's no way of telling what 336 questions you'll be getting out of the stash of thousands of questions they have in their bank. I would read over what is low yield for YOU. If you think you've got immuno in the bag, don't read it again. If you feel like you don't know any psych? Then read psych. Covering all your bases is better than putting all your marbles in a bag.

Now if you're wondering how the test breaks down, then it's heavier on Pathology, Physiology, and Pharmacology so those would be "high yield" but specific topics within each...who knows.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but I TOTALLY agree with vicinihil...

I took my test June 24th and took the same approach as you... That is, read over all of FA as quickly as possible for a quick "refresher"... I honestly think this helped greatly! So go with that plan and focus on stuff you're weak at... For example, I spent one day on just biochem and micro stuff... But ran through Resp, Repro, Endocrine, and psych in one day...

My exam was definitely NOT what I expected in regards to content matter... I had a TON of behavioral science questions (stuff FA definitely didn't cover!), lot's of cardio, renal, pharm/micro, and Embryo! ... I'm pretty convinced if I only studied those mentioned subjects I could get a little higher than a passing score...

Before going into the exam I expected to have a translocation question or two - didn't happen. I would of bet my right nut that I would of seen a Leukemia/Lymphoma question - Nope, not one! Coagulation pathway/diseases - my test could care less about this material... And Endocrine/GI - my strongest subjects mind you - we're totally not represented on my test. Maybe 6-8 questions total!... I really thought that my test would have this material on it and in good proportion... but it did not!

... So yea, just skim all of FA and get a good nights rest the day before the exam, because you're test is pretty much guarenteed to be lop-sided one way or another! =)

Good Luck!

*Oh! And one thing I did that i think really helped me, is putting post-its in each of FA's pharm sections during my review the week prior... The morning of my test I spent 30 minutes looking through these sections again and this TOTALLY helped me! I am positive I got at least 10 questions CONFIDENTLY right by doin this!