drugdoc

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
637
2
Status
Pharmacy Student
I called the PCAT company for an update on mailing scores, and they are saying end of July/beginning of August...of course just like they said the day of...
 

taloddar2002

Slacker
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2004
71
0
35
Kentucky
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, waiting for my scores is slowly killing me. I'm really anxious to see my results. I'm pretty sure quantitative/verbal are going to be pretty bad :(. Oh well, hang in there!
 

BackeyWackey

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
152
0
33
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
Im driving myself crazy waiting for my test scores also! I wait for the mailman everyday that I can....as soon as I see him pull up, Im at the mailbox in 2 seconds,searching for that envelope that says PCAT or Harcourt Assesment......ARGH!!!
 

janeno

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2005
517
15
34
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am in the same situation... All I think about is what kind of scores I got. It is just so hard because I will be basing my decision about which schools to apply based on my PCAT scores....
 

kvl1027

Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
619
62
38
Tampa, FL
Status
Pharmacist
I would try not to stress out too much. I was told it would take 4 weeks to get my scores, and while all of my friends and Classmates got theirs around 4 weeks, it took them almost 12 weeks to get mine to me. By then I had to register for the next PCAT which cost me more money. By the time I got my scores it was too late to get a refund on the next Test. I am curently talking with Harcourt to get my refund, I will let everyone know how that goes. Good Luck Everyone!!!!
 

mtgirl

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
57
0
Status
It took six weeks for my Jan. PCAT results to arrive. I started seeing posts about results around the five week mark.
 

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,812
26
38
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
ya know - I'm really obsessing over these scores a bit too much - but I just cant help it. If you ask pharmacists what they got on their pcats - most simply dont remember. Its only important right now - It drives me nuts... oh well - for some of us, its gonna be one week until we know, and others... well - some are still gonna be waiting while the October PCAT is going.

If only the pharmacy was more busy - then I wouldn't sit here reading this forum and dwelling on my scores. ***sigh*** life of an IV tech

~above~
 

hitmenow

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2006
24
0
Status
You need to relax and forget about the scores, thats what I did and its allready been a month.
 

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,812
26
38
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
Saturday the 22nd will mark exactly 4 weeks since we were tested - So some time next week most of us will be getting our scores...

As to chilling about the scores - I am chilled, but I think you would be fibbing if you said that scoring big wasn't really important to ya.

I wont be stalking the postman - but he def knows I am waiting for something...

~above~
 

pharmdgto

resident drug pusher
10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2006
56
0
Status
Try waiting for you NAPLEX and MPJE scores to come back...its either pass or fail on those...at least you have your gpa and interview combined with your PCAT score to get you in. It's driving me frickin nuts.....
 

pharmstud07

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
102
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
OH MY GOD! When are they going to get here?! It seems like it's the summer time, less people took the exam, they'd be able to grade them quicker. Please tell me why I drove 20 miles round trip too see if my scores were in the mailbox ( I was at school ). Do you think I'm nutts? I'm not too excited about seeing my chem score. I haven't taken organic yet, so of course most of the exam seemed all organic, even though its supposed to be only 35 to 45 %.

I wonder why it took them 12 weeks to send you your scores. Did they loose them? Did you ask for them to be handscored? Were they investigating your exam? Please let us know. Take care.
 

Ijeoma

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2006
105
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
pharmstud07 said:
OH MY GOD! When are they going to get here?! It seems like it's the summer time, less people took the exam, they'd be able to grade them quicker. Please tell me why I drove 20 miles round trip too see if my scores were in the mailbox ( I was at school ). Do you think I'm nutts? I'm not too excited about seeing my chem score. I haven't taken organic yet, so of course most of the exam seemed all organic, even though its supposed to be only 35 to 45 %.

I wonder why it took them 12 weeks to send you your scores. Did they loose them? Did you ask for them to be handscored? Were they investigating your exam? Please let us know. Take care.

I am so excited coz i dont care how i did on this test anymore since i got admitted into Temple's program. The test can take 144 years to get into my mailbox for all i care!

But hey! good luck to you guys! Hang in there!
 

janeno

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2005
517
15
34
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I called harcourt few days ago, and they told me that the scores will be sent out by the end of this month. So I am guessing the earliest someone can expect their scores is by the end of the next week.
 
OP
D

drugdoc

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
637
2
Status
Pharmacy Student
You mean the latest someone can expect their scores is the end of the month...?
 

janeno

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2005
517
15
34
Status
Resident [Any Field]
drugdoc said:
You mean the latest someone can expect their scores is the end of the month...?
No, I mean the earliest... They told me they will send out the scores by the end of this month.. The end of this month is pretty much at the end of the next week.... So we should be expecting our scores the EARLIEST at the end of the next week (the week of 7/24)...
 

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,812
26
38
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
I almost went to check the mail today... However - its down pour right now in orlando (for those that dont know - its the afternoon storm) - and I already got soaked once today. Maybe I wont check it until we are moving (Moving to Gainesville)... That's on the 3rd - If they get here next week - that means 5 to 6 weeks - why dont they just say that???

Shouldn't they over-estimate these things? That way, when you get your score in 5 weeks when they told you 8, you feel good about it. Oh well, this is conventional thinking - and it need not apply to Harcourt or the PCAT

Sigh - reset clock to two more weeks

~above~
 

pharmstud07

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
102
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
aboveliquidice said:
I almost went to check the mail today... However - its down pour right now in orlando (for those that dont know - its the afternoon storm) - and I already got soaked once today. Maybe I wont check it until we are moving (Moving to Gainesville)... That's on the 3rd - If they get here next week - that means 5 to 6 weeks - why dont they just say that???

Shouldn't they over-estimate these things? That way, when you get your score in 5 weeks when they told you 8, you feel good about it. Oh well, this is conventional thinking - and it need not apply to Harcourt or the PCAT

Sigh - reset clock to two more weeks

~above~
Exactly, I'm going to need Harcourt to get on the ball. Hello, we did pay them $105.00! :idea: :idea:
 

taloddar2002

Slacker
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2004
71
0
35
Kentucky
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm glad to know there are people as impatient as me!
 

janeno

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2005
517
15
34
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Can anybody please tell me... How hard is it to grade a scantron? (They could have sent our essay grade later: I would not mind)
I reallly wonder why they do not just post the grades online and tell us when to check them... I guess they enjoy keeping us in suspense: running every day to a mailbox and wondering if you have received the scores....
 

x17lilac17x

Sun Devil
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
49
0
Phoenix, AZ
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Can someone please post as soon as they get their scores? I'm dying to know if people have started getting them yet. I'm so impatient :eek:
 

pharmjana

pharmjana
10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
8
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
I'm so glad to know that I am not the only one who is obsessive about checking the mail! And then my husband thought it would be cute to tell me that they came Saturday but I didn't want to see them and I should go ahead and register for the October session!!! (They really didn't come) I was so mad at him--don't even joke about something like that!!!!!
 

ageldred

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2006
423
0
Jacksonville, FL
Status
Pharmacy Student
:( another day...no score
 

fsupharmguy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2006
110
1
Gainesville, FL
Status
Pharmacy Student
I am new to this forum, but have been checking regularly to see if anyone has received anything. I'm tired of obsessing over my scores, but that will only subside once I have them in my hands. I was wondering if Harcourt was a good indication as to whether the test has been scored. I have clicked on the area where it says "request transcripts". Mine still says "pending". Has anyone received scores before that status was changed?
 

ForcedEntry

Lilo got stitched
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
1,616
3
Status
Pharmacy Student
1. Everyone knows that Hartcourt routinely visits these forums looking for copyright infringement. I think we are the subject of a test administrators gag reel. Seriously, every time I go to the mail box I expect Ashton Kutcher to jump out and say "You've been Punk'd"

2. Honestly though, I think the real reason for the delay is completely understandable. Afterall, it must be hard to coordinate thousands of garden gnomes to deliver these scores to everyone at exactly the same moment. Think of the time zones! <shudders>

3. Maybe there are hanging chads? (from Florida, couldn't resist)

4. Is this part of the psychological profile of the test?

aghgahhgaahhhh ....I am going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

janeno

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2005
517
15
34
Status
Resident [Any Field]
fsupharmguy said:
I am new to this forum, but have been checking regularly to see if anyone has received anything. I'm tired of obsessing over my scores, but that will only subside once I have them in my hands. I was wondering if Harcourt was a good indication as to whether the test has been scored. I have clicked on the area where it says "request transcripts". Mine still says "pending". Has anyone received scores before that status was changed?
My profile says pending also.
 

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,812
26
38
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
ForcedEntry said:
1. Everyone knows that Hartcourt routinely visits these forums looking for copyright infringement. I think we are the subject of a test administrators gag reel. Seriously, every time I go to the mail box I expect Ashton Kutcher to jump out and say "You've been Punk'd"

2. Honestly though, I think the real reason for the delay is completely understandable. Afterall, it must be hard to coordinate thousands of garden gnomes to deliver these scores to everyone at exactly the same moment. Think of the time zones! <shudders>

3. Maybe there are hanging chads? (from Florida, couldn't resist)

4. Is this part of the psychological profile of the test?

aghgahhgaahhhh ....I am going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The state is never gonna live that down... hahah

Seriously though, the test took just as long to grade even without the essay portion. I'm thinking they need to toss out the old crystal ball they use to score the essays... maybe replace it with a miss cleo or something - that way I could at least hope for a decent grade in the next few days (did you ever notice how nice the future was according to miss cleo??)

25 days down... another 13 to go...

~above~
 

ForcedEntry

Lilo got stitched
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
1,616
3
Status
Pharmacy Student
The essays are graded by percent composition of graphite.

I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT....
 

taloddar2002

Slacker
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2004
71
0
35
Kentucky
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ForcedEntry said:
The essays are graded by percent composition of graphite.

I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT....
Gah, i when i first glanced at your post i saw 95 and i thought the scores had been released! Oh well, I'm off to my ochem 2 lab final. No more Ochem lab after today!!
 

robo2003

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
13
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
new to sdn, i checked the mail today no pcat score :( . I hope as soon as someone gets their score they'll post. its been 32 days already. they say it takes 4-5 weeks so im thinking that maybe in another 3 days the latest, we all will receive our scores. Good luck everyone!
 

dave233

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
May 20, 2006
23
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
kvl1027 said:
I would try not to stress out too much. I was told it would take 4 weeks to get my scores, and while all of my friends and Classmates got theirs around 4 weeks, it took them almost 12 weeks to get mine to me. By then I had to register for the next PCAT which cost me more money. By the time I got my scores it was too late to get a refund on the next Test. I am curently talking with Harcourt to get my refund, I will let everyone know how that goes. Good Luck Everyone!!!!
12 weeks..... wow.

some how i was under the impression that after 6 weeks if you dont recieve the score you can call them and they will give you your score...hmm... guess not..
 

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,812
26
38
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
dave233 said:
12 weeks..... wow.

some how i was under the impression that after 6 weeks if you dont recieve the score you can call them and they will give you your score...hmm... guess not..
hmmm... harcourt - give you a score over the phone??? no way good sir... Oh... they will give you a score alright, after you fork over an additional fee and wait another couple of weeks.

robo2003 said:
its been 32 days already
For some reason I thought it had been less. Man - I am def checking the mail when I get home...
 

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,812
26
38
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
ForcedEntry said:
The essays are graded by percent composition of graphite.

I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT
I will score a 95 on the PCAT....
This might seem a little excessive - but tell me, who doesn't want this??? I def second this motion...
 

x17lilac17x

Sun Devil
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
49
0
Phoenix, AZ
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hey. I just called Harcourt again and they said that the scores have just been sent to the mail room (2:20 texas time) and that they should be mailed out tomorrow.
 

pharmjana

pharmjana
10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
8
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
Wow, tomorrow! Now I really will be stalking the mailman!! :) Is anyone else as nervous as I am??!!
 

pharmdgto

resident drug pusher
10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2006
56
0
Status
You guys crack me up. While I graduated pharmacy school, I too am waiting for some test scores. I passed my NAPLEX but have been waiting on my MPJE scores to come back. These tests are done by computer and scored immediately after you finish. They are printed out the next day by the state and they SIT on someone's desk until they seem fit to send it out. I took the NAPLEX on the 1st of July, score was printed on the 3rd and it was mailed on the 18th!!! I took the MPJE on the 8th and I still haven't heard a thing...

So...I know what its like...good luck to all of you. Pharmacy is a great career and the schooling experience is great if you allow yourself to take it all in...
 

robo2003

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
13
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I know everyone is awaiting their score, but I was really wondering, does the score first get posted online before they are mailed, anyone know how that works? I think everyone has been clicking on requesting transcripts to see if the score is somehow there. I'm starting to think that u get them in mail before they are posted up on the harcourt pcat site.
 

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,812
26
38
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
robo2003 said:
I know everyone is awaiting their score, but I was really wondering, does the score first get posted online before they are mailed, anyone know how that works? I think everyone has been clicking on requesting transcripts to see if the score is somehow there. I'm starting to think that u get them in mail before they are posted up on the harcourt pcat site.

Thats a really good question - anyone???
 

Benzoic Acid

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
May 22, 2006
51
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
"Gah, i when i first glanced at your post i saw 95 and i thought the scores had been released! Oh well, I'm off to my ochem 2 lab final. No more Ochem lab after today!!"

ochem lab was annoying wasn't it? I remember I was trying to pull a stopper off a condensor and the whole thing busted in my hand. No more recrystallization!! woo After I was all done with ochem I was kind of sad. I've never studied a subject in continuation for 2 semester with the same teach.
 

janeno

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2005
517
15
34
Status
Resident [Any Field]
robo2003 said:
I know everyone is awaiting their score, but I was really wondering, does the score first get posted online before they are mailed, anyone know how that works? I think everyone has been clicking on requesting transcripts to see if the score is somehow there. I'm starting to think that u get them in mail before they are posted up on the harcourt pcat site.

I think scores are not posted online at all... But I am not sure about this... If you are really interested, you might want to call Harcourt to find out...
 
OP
D

drugdoc

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
637
2
Status
Pharmacy Student
Scores are not posted online. Mail only :(
 

butterfly18

Hello
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2006
29
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
JUST CALLED HARCOURT AND THEY SAID SCORES WERE MAILED OUT TODAY FROM SAN ANTONIO>>>>>so get ready everybody!!!
 

mommy2boys

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
24
0
Status
Since I live in San Antonio, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Got my scores in the mail yesterday -- 98% composite -- YEAH!!
 

tieu_tho16

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2006
35
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
mommy2boys said:
Since I live in San Antonio, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Got my scores in the mail yesterday -- 98% composite -- YEAH!!
congrad!!
 

Aquasonic

Extraordinary Substance
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
32
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
mommy2boys said:
Since I live in San Antonio, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Got my scores in the mail yesterday -- 98% composite -- YEAH!!
mommy2boys,
check your PM

~Aquasonic
 

sprinkle0420

New Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
380
0
fremont, ca
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I finally got my scores today in the mail! 91 composite :D I was so stressin over this stupid test for so long, i'm just finally relieved to have my scores already
 

Aquasonic

Extraordinary Substance
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
32
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
sprinkle0420 said:
I finally got my scores today in the mail! 91 composite :D I was so stressin over this stupid test for so long, i'm just finally relieved to have my scores already
That's awsome! Congratulations spinkle0420. I'm in southern ca and still no score yet. Would you please share scaled score and percentile each session if you don't mind? Thanks.

~Aquasonic
 

sprinkle0420

New Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
380
0
fremont, ca
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Aquasonic said:
That's awsome! Congratulations spinkle0420. I'm in southern ca and still no score yet. Would you please share scaled score and percentile each session if you don't mind? Thanks.

~Aquasonic

sure, no prob:

verbal ability: scaled score 424, percentile 84
biology: scaled score 454, percentile 98
reading comprehension: scaled score 419, percentile 79
quantitative: scaled score 408, percentile 67 ( totally ****ed up this section)
chemistry: scaled score 435, percentile 91
composite: scaled score 428, percentile 91

Good luck to ya aquasonic, i'm sure you did awesome too!
 

doublehh03

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
944
144
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
sprinkle0420 said:
sure, no prob:

verbal ability: scaled score 424, percentile 84
biology: scaled score 454, percentile 98
reading comprehension: scaled score 419, percentile 79
quantitative: scaled score 408, percentile 67 ( totally ****ed up this section)
chemistry: scaled score 435, percentile 91
composite: scaled score 428, percentile 91

Good luck to ya aquasonic, i'm sure you did awesome too![/QUOTE

how many questions did u think u miss for each section? just wanna know how much we all can miss to guess our scores since we don't have it yet
 

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,812
26
38
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
doublehh03 said:
how many questions did u think u miss for each section? just wanna know how much we all can miss to guess our scores since we don't have it yet
I dont think anyone can give you a real answer on this one. How many Q's can be missed on one section of an obscure test taken 5 weeks ago. No one could really be expected to answer that one accurately. (ok, the test isnt really obscure)

In the end it doesn't matter. Regardless of how many you missed - your score cant be changed this time around. I know how you feel about putting you mind at ease. We are just going to have to wait it out - and accept whatever we earned. Man - the wait is killing me too...

So far - we have seen a 98 and a 91 composite. I like hearing about scores like that. How cool would it be if just about everyone on SDN scored in the 90's...

Aight - I've rambled enough - later

~above~