santa_claus

10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
...but...

What is the good mnemonic to remember hormones released by the anterior pituitary? I read a good one somewhere here a long time ago and now I can't find it!

-lk

About the Ads

Droopy Snoopy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
The Alamo
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I always just remembered what the posterior pituitary did oxy and ADH, the rest are anterior. Much simpler to remember 2 than 6, but then again I wasn't aware of that flat pig thing.

MadameLULU

Saucy
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 14, 2004
KNOTSville
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I always just remembered what the posterior pituitary did oxy and ADH, the rest are anterior. Much simpler to remember 2 than 6, but then again I wasn't aware of that flat pig thing.

Yeah, I think of it that way as well. I just realized that the flat pig mnemonic actually has to do with the classification (acidophils or basophils) of the cells which secrete the hormones. I think the Basophils are the FLAT and the acidophils are Pi,G

cleverpseudonym

10+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
on a related note, does anyone know a good mnemonic for the vaughn williams class of anti-arrythmics? i know there are a few out there but the internet has not been fruitful.

thanks.

PabsMD

just add coffee
10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Also, GOAT FLAP is a good mnemonic for remembering all hormones secreted by the (a&p) pituitary.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.