I know these are annoying...but which would you choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which one would you attend?

• Boston University

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Brown

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU)

Votes: 55 34.6%
  • University of Wisconsin-Madison

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • Wake Forest

Votes: 16 10.1%

• Total voters

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

getunconcsious said:
Where's nevada in there?

SHOOT! I meant to add it in there! Can we edit polls?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I forgot to add my state school, the University of Nevada. Is that a sign? :scared:

But any way, yeah, my state school should be up there 'cause somehow I got a full scholarship there.

Ambs said:
So I forgot to add my state school, the University of Nevada. Is that a sign? :scared:

But any way, yeah, my state school should be up there 'cause somehow I got a full scholarship there.

Close this thread and start a new one

Freakingout said:
Close this thread and start a new one

How do you close a thread (feeling really stupid now)?

donate money to SDN and you can close your own threads :D :thumbup:

fpr85 said:
donate money to SDN and you can close your own threads :D :thumbup:

Yeah, I just learned that.

I will keep the poll the way it is as of now then.

Anyone know what grading system Wake uses?

OHSU hands down.

Ambs said:

If I could revote I would vote for University of Nevada, they have a good program and I love the class size.

Members don't see this ad :)
Full scholarship! That's great Ambs! Does this mean you're not coming to OHSU now? :( I wouldn't blame you though, I would go wherever I wouldn't have to pay. :thumbup: Good luck with your decision!

Mistress S said:
Full scholarship! That's great Ambs! Does this mean you're not coming to OHSU now? :( I wouldn't blame you though, I would go wherever I wouldn't have to pay. :thumbup: Good luck with your decision!
I'd go to the free school as well.

why's oregon health sciences university so popular? someone said something about full tuition?

i thought brown is pretty good

Thanks everyone for the advice. :D :thumbup:

Does anyone have any specific reasons as to why they chose a certain school? :)

Ambs,

Are you paying for school? Or are your parents helping out? If your parents are, I would go to the place you really loved. If you are on your own, I would probably go with Nevada....never having to see a student loan bill sounds pretty good to me!

Ambs said:
Thanks everyone for the advice. :D :thumbup:

Does anyone have any specific reasons as to why they chose a certain school? :)
ambs ambs.... go to oregon, you're heart is set on that. and home is where the heart is :)

like code brown said, OHSU hands down.

I too am with the overrall majority, OHSU all the way, by far the better school. Remember this is your career, go with the school that will give the most opportunities, tuition should be last on the list of concerns, just my two cents.

Rayu124 said:
I too am with the overrall majority, OHSU all the way, by far the better school. Remember this is your career, go with the school that will give the most opportunities, tuition should be last on the list of concerns, just my two cents.
I am curious to why everyone considers OHSU to be the better school (by far and hands down). I would think Wisconsin to be as good or better and BU and Brown to be in the same league. Fill me in?

Regardless, I havn't changed my opinion about going where its free!

Everyone keeps telling me not to make money a factor. But then again, most of us aren't so lucky as Ambs as to have that choice! Money's going to be a factor no matter what, I guess. I'd still say go with UNR--if you're from Nevada, the weather in Portland might kill you. On the other hand, the campus at OHSU is so cool (albeit a bit confusing...'what you mean floor 9 of this building is floor 2 of that one??!')
But these people do have a point, Ambs, this is four years of your life and you might as well be as happy as you can be. Really, no amount of people like us can make this choice for you =) I feel your pain on this one. Good luck!

Wow, thank you all for your great advice! :D I really appreciate it! :love:

BravaItaliana said:
Everyone keeps telling me not to make money a factor. But then again, most of us aren't so lucky as Ambs as to have that choice! Money's going to be a factor no matter what, I guess. I'd still say go with UNR--if you're from Nevada, the weather in Portland might kill you. On the other hand, the campus at OHSU is so cool (albeit a bit confusing...'what you mean floor 9 of this building is floor 2 of that one??!')
But these people do have a point, Ambs, this is four years of your life and you might as well be as happy as you can be. Really, no amount of people like us can make this choice for you =) I feel your pain on this one. Good luck!

Yeah, the OHSU campus is amazing. I thought it was beautiful! Weather isn't too huge of a concern for me since I can adapt relatively well. On the one hand, I want to be as happy as possible, and I felt that at OHSU. On the other, being in debt is frightening. :scared:

YzIa said:
I am curious to why everyone considers OHSU to be the better school (by far and hands down). I would think Wisconsin to be as good or better and BU and Brown to be in the same league. Fill me in?

Regardless, I havn't changed my opinion about going where its free!

I really liked the UW-Madison, but Madison itself didn't fit my personality. It was a bit too small for me, though I may be judging without adequate experience there. Also, the letter grading at Madison is scary. The new Health Sciences building at Madison is awesome though.