I know this is a silly question, but......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slptodoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok,
My application (unverified) was apparently received by the schools I applied to and I received emails to fax in my MCAT scores which were disasterous. :(
I don't expect to get lucky enough for an interview (but there's always hope :)

My question is, if I don't get a secondary application in a few weeks, should I just assume rejection or will they send me a letter letting me know to try again....?????????

Just curious...... I kind of wish I could just get a letter and know that I can put away the twisting stomach until I reapply next year!

anyway, thanks for your input!

and a BIG CONGRATS to all of you who have had interviews and admissions!!!
It's great to see how many SDN folks have done so well!! :)

L :)

Members don't see this ad.

What school(s) are you talking about? Most schools will send EVERYONE a secondary, so don't expect rejections until you have actually completed with the school...

jargon, thanks for replying....
EVMS is the school and they just received the ujnverified application 2weeks ago and asked for my scores last week.
I guess I should give them a little more time.......
thanks!
L

Members don't see this ad :)
My application (unverified) was apparently received by the schools I applied to and I received emails to fax in my MCAT scores which were disasterous.

slptodoc,

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, although my schools have had my scores(also disastrous) and processed app for weeks now. Thanks to this great board, I am seeing movement with others who have applied to my schools, but I have heard nothing. After contacting the schools, I am told that my application is "still under consideration, review" etc. Sometimes I just wish they would put me outta my misery and send the g*dd**mn rejection already!!!

Nochaser,
Sorry to hear you're in my boat ("Titanic??"
hahaha)
I'm with ya, just send me the big red circle with a line through it and I'll be able to
get on with my life, studies.......
Well, those of us who continue to aspire towards our goal but came up short this time around will have to continue supporting and encouraging each other!
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Hang in there!
Let me know if you finally hear anything..
Maybe, it will be GOOD news!!! There's still hope if they told you it was still under consideration!!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

I am just curious, what do you consider disasterous? Can you beat my magnificent 22! (with a GPA of a 3.8 in a graduate program, go figure!) the MCAT SUCKS!

ciardeme,
similar gpa in grad school but my score was TRULY SOOOO low, I won't list it...
Put it this way, it was well below yours...
I was in absolute, utter shock!
I think that I may have screwed up my numbering, particularly on one section because I can't imagine getting the score that I did........
In my case, if I can't bring up my scores by ALOT, I fear this test will keep me from becoming a doc! It Totally SUCKS!!!!
Like you, I'm in a medical field already and I know I could do well in med school if given the chance......
We'll see........ I have to hold on to hope, at least through one more MCAT!!!
Good luck to you!!!

I think that I may have screwed up my numbering, particularly on one section because I can't imagine getting the score that I did........

You can have the MCAT rescored. I think that the fee is $30 per section, but I am not sure. If you think you might have made bubbling errors, you should look into it.

I agree, the support here is like a cushion for that hard fall on the a$$, so let's keep it up! I am already prepping for the next MCAT, and am going to also prepare for the GRE over the break.

Seegulz,
thanks, I will look into it! It can't hurt to try!
L