I know YOU have the answer! someone does!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superso

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am confused and in a real bind here. I know everyone here has taken or is taking the MCAT so I know there are at least some people who can help me. I had a 27 on the mcat the first time. I'm taking TPR and I had a 23, then a 28, on the two diagnostics so far. On the third one I expected maybe a 32 but I got either a 29 or 30 (wont find out the actual score til monday). So i'm sitting looking over the test and I compiled a list of questions I got wrong on physical sciences...there were only about 6 that I couldnt have gotten right without a few minutes work! The others were all, -answer me in 20-30 sec types! and I got 20 of these super easy questions wrong!!! I'm talking things like, could have gotten the answer from the graph, picture, using a simple equation i already memorized, didnt read question carefully- mistakes like that!

Now I know I could just keep this in mind this when I'm taking it next time but every time I get to taking a section, i totally forget! I am trying to finish the whole thing b/c its sooo easy. Should I just not do 10 questions, decide to lay off an entire passage just so I have more time? See the reason I dont think this will work is b/c the questions I get wrong are so easy that I'm sure I wont even think about it. Let me give you an example. If you halve the distance btwn two objects what happens to the force? it gets quadrupled. Ive answered this question w/in the context of other questions at least a hundred times and its second nature. On the test, I freaked out and I picked the choice that said the force doubled! and I didn't even mind And during the test, I also was incredibly relaxed. Like I was going through questions trying not to get bogged down b/c thats what you should do right? So i finished the test just on time but I got so many easy ones wrong b/c of careless errors. NOw i think im too relaxed - i see a tough question and i say to myself, 'no problem, move on, thats what TPR or Salty says'. I shouldnt be losing these points! Someone must have had this problem before me! I feel that I can get all but maybe 3 or 4 right on the entire section in terms of what I know but b/c of these dumb errors I just got 25 wrong in phys sci!!!

Did YOU have this problem?? HELP ME please!!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow...I sense a bit of freaking out here. I had the same problem when I took the April MCAT. Everyone was telling me to relax so much and I ended up breezing through the PS section. During the break, people were talking about questions and answers (even though I think we're not supposed to) that I freaked out for the VR and BS section.

I'm retaking this August and I've been reading questions word for word carefully and although it might take longer, I cross out wrong answers and underline certain words or parts to justify why they are wrong. I have caught myself almost crossing off right answers several times through this method. I barely finish when I do this so I just have to work on being more efficient. And more importantly, like everyone says, don't second guess yourself.

That's my method for August...Good luck to you!

hmm, yeah i should probably do that then. i am freaking out b/c i know the concepts and formulas but am making the most outrageous errors. I should probably just spend more time on them with underlining and all.