i look really really good in a suit...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hugo Boss...try the one on rodeo instead of beverly center...they have a better selection

DaMota said:
thats actually the suit i wore when i dressed up as borat for halloween. i just wore it for my mock interview. i'm gonna get my real suit sometime next week. probably men's wearhouse, maybe macy's. any recommendations?
-mota

Members don't see this ad.

BerkeleyMD said:
Mot, you gotta work on that tie. I think you were going for a "sheik" look in the pic, but I usually go with a winsor or double knot. So many people dont know how to tie a tie and it looks unprofessional during an interview.

Not a bad suit combo overall.

omg, did no one pick this up last night? the "shiek"? either a great pun or a hilarious mistake.

isobel said:
omg, did no one pick this up last night? the "shiek"? either a great pun or a hilarious mistake.

haha. sheik. chic. haaaaaha.
:thumbup: mota on the suit.
i have to say i look unnervingly fantastic in a suit as well, but i don't think i'll post pictures :)
as for buying, if you've got the moneys brooks brothers is the way to go. if not, see if there's a syms near where you are. they have great discounts, too.
and finally :luck: GOOD LUCK! :luck: on your interviews. kick butt and take names.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some positive criticisms-

You probably just were trying on the suit, but when you actually wear it for the real deal, BUTTON THAT TOP COLLAR BOTTON on your shirt. I can't stand dudes who go all out and get dressed up, but can't even button their top collar button for only a few hours.

A little improvement can be made on your tie.
http://www.tie-a-tie.net/halfwindsor.html

That website describes how to tie a halfwindsor knot. The half windsor is by far the best type of knot that you can do (the regualr windsor is too fat). It gives the tie the perfect triangle shape. I went to catholic highschool and became a pro at tying many knots. The half windsor is definitely the best.

I felt so good on interview day because I thought I looked like a million bucks in my suit :D. No matter what the case, if you feel you look great in a suit it boosts your attitude for the rest of the day. I had never been a more friendly, charismatic, and outgoing guy than I had on interview day. Like demon possession. Dang.

Good luck, sir!

Hey mota, your a good looking guy. You have a good build for suits.

Wow i look good in a suit too!!
Accept me already!!

gjrunner.JPG

This is my second favorite thread, so....
bump.

jebus said:
This is my second favorite thread, so....
bump.

hahaha
-mota

I look damn good in my suit. It is a rich brown designer suit I bought when I lived in Chicago. I just bought a beautiful low cut pink and white striped shirt to wear under it (I close off the cleavage by using a chunky brown necklace). Pair it up with some $350 shoes I bought in Portland over Thanksgiving and you got yourself one hottie in a hot suit.

However, I prefer myself in my triathlon wetsuit. Your bod just takes the shape of the suit: v-shaped torso, muscular thighs...damn.

gdbaby said:
I look damn good in my suit. It is a rich brown designer suit I bought when I lived in Chicago. I just bought a beautiful low cut pink and white striped shirt to wear under it (I close off the cleavage by using a chunky brown necklace). Pair it up with some $350 shoes I bought in Portland over Thanksgiving and you got yourself one hottie in a hot suit.

However, I prefer myself in my triathlon wetsuit. Your bod just takes the shape of the suit: v-shaped torso, muscular thighs...damn.

I wish I had cleavage.

my suit looks ok, although i wish i'd gone with a smaller jacket. that's so in right now... smaller and shorter = hotter these days... at least on GQ guys :D

Members don't see this ad :)
RayhanS1282 said:
I wish I had cleavage.
Hey Rayhan!!

I should clarify: I do not have cleavage. However, the shirt is cut in such a way that someone having to look at me for, let's say, 30 minutes or so may start to check to see if I have cleavage. If they do, I have it covered with the brown chunky necklace.

kirexhana said:
my suit looks ok, although i wish i'd gone with a smaller jacket. that's so in right now... smaller and shorter = hotter these days... at least on GQ guys :D

Not necessarily shorter, but more fitted overall. Angled euro-style pockets, tapered through the trunk and cleaner lines through the lapel. My biggest pet peeve about suits is single vented suits, which almost always don't look good. Find a suit with double vents!

r0yvlf.jpg

I couldn't actually just bump this without my own blurry, poorly focused pic in my bathroom mirror.
Why the pained face? It's the bathroom and bathrooms smell like poop.
Also, does anyone know how cold upstate new york is during the middle of march? Is this suit, and maybe some gloves, going to keep me warm and cozy or will I have a shiny red reindeer nose?

jebus said:
r0yvlf.jpg

I couldn't actually just bump this without my own blurry, poorly focused pic in my bathroom mirror.
Also, does anyone know how cold upstate new york is during the middle of march? Is this suit, and maybe some gloves, going to keep me warm and cozy or will I have a shiny red reindeer nose?

Hey, I like the 3-piece suit thing. I wanted to buy that but alas, them funds a scurrying.

Maybe buy a nice trenchcoat....to complete the look. I think Upstate is still pretty cool but the temp in NY is getting more seasonable...we are getting to 50's and 60's by Saturday.

But buy the coat because it's like wearing a cape and who doesn't want to wear a cape...it looks swashbuckling-esque.

P.S. This belongs on the Pre-med pic thread.

jebus said:
r0yvlf.jpg

Yes you could have...but it was probably your only reason for doing so.

r0yvlf.jpg

You are very pretty.

I think you may need a coat upstate--although maybe a cashmere scarf and some nice leather gloves will do. But, like rayhan said, capes are all the rage. Find out how much outside walking you will be doing on the tour.

NapeSpikes said:
Three-piece! Where's the pimp hat? :D
Ha ha! To answer your question: at the cleaner's with my cape. My cane is out of the picture.

Jebus, you have a lot of guts to be rockin' the power tie (red)! Good luck :luck:

gdbaby said:
r0yvlf.jpg

You are very pretty.

I think you may need a coat upstate--although maybe a cashmere scarf and some nice leather gloves will do. But, like rayhan said, capes are all the rage. Find out how much outside walking you will be doing on the tour.

You're hot.

jebus said:

But the nose will match your tie then!

Oh, and as has already been stated, you're hot. And I think I've met you irl.

Nice you guys!

A toast to you both.

And I do have cleavage. I'll find a pic of me in a "suit" to post here soon...

:laugh:

Tulane T1s just learned the male gential-urinary exam today (I'm on the phone with a friend there). Apparently Mardi-Gras was fun...

twoACES said:
u look like a queer wit too much time on your hands. stop jockin yourself and try jockin some women....lol

jus playin. its xmas time u kno, so i gotta give out some holiday licks. i hope they dont kick me off the forums for this....

-dl

now me.........I look good in a suit. thas the business

HAHAHAHA. Hilarious. If i were interviewing you, i'd accept you and recommend they give you a full ride just for being so funny.

jebus said:
r0yvlf.jpg

I smell like poop

lookin fresh jebus, eventhough you hijacked my thread.
-mota

drmota said:
lookin fresh jebus, eventhough you hijacked my thread.
-mota

All it took was an average dude in a suit, wasn't that hard. :smuggrin:

jebus said:
r0yvlf.jpg

*gasp* jebus i thought you were a girl this whole time! oh well. you're kinda cute though *wink*

drmota said:
my bathroom mirror doesn't really do me justice

4d7.jpg

-mota

Wow. You really do look good in a suit! And handsome too. Where are you going to school? I want to attend the same one as you. :love:

Uh....don't take this the wrong way, but you guys should look into tailoring the shoulder regions of the coat :p

ahhh man, we've already been over this. i bought that suit for 8 dollars at a goodwill store for halloween. i actually got a different suit tailored for my interviews. i looked even better than i do in that picture

and i'm going to Tulane. come find me.
-mota

My apologies for not reading this thread beforehand :D

maelstrom said:
Wow. You really do look good in a suit! And handsome too. Where are you going to school? I want to attend the same one as you. :love:

He looks...kinda like...the lead singer for O.A.R. Comments?

Teerawit said:
Uh....don't take this the wrong way, but you guys should look into tailoring the shoulder regions of the coat :p
uh, don't take this the wrong way but you're blowing stuff out of your ass and being a sententious asshat. I had that suit tailored for me in new delhi. that suit fits me perfectly.
But you're welcome to pretend that you know better.

JayQuah said:
He looks...kinda like...the lead singer for O.A.R. Comments?

people tell me i look like david blayne a lot. never gotten this one though
-mota

jebus said:
uh, don't take this the wrong way but you're blowing stuff out of your ass and being a sententious asshat. I had that suit tailored for me in new delhi. that suit fits me perfectly.

As if the jest weren't transparent enough, you're the one fooling yourself thinking that you know what other people meant.

jebus said:

Don't worry, the rest of us thought you guys looked good. :D

Seriously though, just thought I'd say you look nice in those pics.

jebus said:
r0yvlf.jpg

The vest is a nice touch. :thumbup: Very British looking IMHO. I have nothing helpful to say about the weather in upstate New York during mid-March, however. Sorry.

It's going to be almost 60 today in Denver. You should have all applied to my school.To keep with this thread: at my Colorado interview there was a guy there interviewing for a MSTP spot and he was wearing a bow tie. A bit trite, I thought.

jebus said:
r0yvlf.jpg

Omigod, I am SO late to the party of realizing that there's a grown-up picture of you on SDN! I'm used to the baby one now, and I feel like you've grown up in the blink of an eye. *sniff!*

And what a coincidence, I'm in upstate new york AS WE SPEAK! ok, as we type. and it's midmarch! when are you interviewing? and where? my current weather report is that my mom says it's chilly. i'm way too lazy to go outside.

jebus said:
Wow, a bit sensitive are we? We all know you just posted your picture up to get compliments and positive feedback to boost your already large ego (though the reason for its presence is lost upon me). This whole post screams for attention. Someone makes a slight criticism on how your suit needs a bit of tailoring and you snap at them.

You can argue all you want about how you really wanted opinions, but who could give you any advice from a picture without knowing the material of the suit, the weather in the area, etc. It's all just a lousy ploy to raise what seems like a very low confidence level.

people tell me i look like brad pitt. hell even angelina jolie started to suck my peepee until she realized i wasnt brad. i would post my pic but i think dr mota would get jealous

ismelllikepoop said:
people tell me i look like brad pitt. hell even angelina jolie started to suck my peepee until she realized i wasnt brad. i would post my pic but i think dr mota would get jealous

get a life.