I lost all my research data

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BeatrixKiddo

Should I kill myself? :( :( :( :( :scared:
I totally can't find the USB drive that had all the spreadsheets and data. I could try to compile it again but that would take months. *cries*

Members don't see this ad.

do the ethical thing and fabricate your data!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to hear you are having a sh*tty day, but suicide is not the answer. If you are seriously considering killing yourself, please seek out help: 1-800-suicide. Your local phonebook will also have local hotline numbers. I don't know where you go to school, but they may have something as well.

Good luck finding your USB drive, and please seek out help if you need it.

Should I kill myself? :( :( :( :( :scared:
I totally can't find the USB drive that had all the spreadsheets and data. I could try to compile it again but that would take months. *cries*

Am sorry... There is nothing i can do!

There is a reason for everything. I hope it is a blessing in disguise.However, am surprised you are looking for it on SDN.

Am sorry... There is nothing i can do!

There is a reason for everything. I hope it is a blessing in disguise.However, am surprised you are looking for it on SDN.
I know! :'( Well I looked all over my room, in every purse, drawer, car (finally found my iPod that I lost months ago though), and house.
No backup?

No.. it was actually passed on from the previous RA and I'm trying to reach her but she's not picking up. =( I suck at life.

This happened to me once (although I only lost a week's worth). It turned out to be a blessing because the original data was flawed and I would have had to regather it anyway.

I keep three copies, one on an external hard drive, one on an internal hard drive, and another on an offsite server.

So sorry, wish there was something I could do. Just relax, stressing will only make the situation worse. You can pray, that always helps :)
And as an earlier poster said, everything does happen for a reason. Life is too short to stress over such miniscule things.
Worse case scenario- you have to re-complie your data, it may take months but please....don't do anything crazy. Just use this as a lesson for next time, make sure you save it to hard drive, floppy disk, CDR and USB :thumbup: