I love SDN. I love you all.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abulcasis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
<3.

everyone whose pursuing pre-allo show your appreciation here (see now this thread is relevant to this section. and I know I'm not being wary of this being done before but SPREAD THE LOVE ;))

Members don't see this ad.

<3.

everyone whose pursuing pre-allo show your appreciation here (see now this thread is relevant to this section. and I know I'm not being wary of this being done before but SPREAD THE LOVE ;))

Dude this forum has sparked my motivation since joining a few months ago. I've learned things I never have heard from pre-med club and school and I feel its given me a big edge. Plus the people on here are badass!!

Exaaaactlyy! That's why more people need to respond here so I don't look stupid :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude this forum has sparked my motivation since joining a few months ago. I've learned things I never have heard from pre-med club and school and I feel its given me a big edge. Plus the people on here are badass!!

I wholeheartedly agree with you! I've regained my focus to try harder and be the best applicant I can be, especially when I see how hard people work and how passionate they are about medicine. I think my school's pre-med club is a joke compared to what I've learned/seen here in the discussions particularly for the admission process. And you're right, the people here are "badass"! I especially appreciate the humor, sarcasm, and rants– makes me feel a lot better about my own anxieties. :D :D :D

That's the thing! I'm so glad I found this forum early so that I can now start using this site to make my application enhanced!

Thus, I love you all <3

If nothing else this is a good place to throw away a few hours and meet some new people during the application cycle where time was the only thing you had in excess of.

SDN really benefitted me when I was applying because my university has terrible pre-med advisors. Therefore, I too <3 SDN.

thats right... we need a new T-shirt for SDN. "StudentDoctor.net is my pre-medical advisor."

The good Lord knows its been mine for the past year and a half

which is why I should re-donate, and you should too
life membership for me ($250) upon acceptance

I just found SDN last summer, but it has helped me so much with MCAT prep and applications. If nothing else, it feels amazing to know that you're not alone during this journey! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:THANK YOU ALL!

I contribute almost all of my success this cycle to SDN! It has made me terribly neurotic but given me sooo much information & advice that I'd be lost without it. Thanks SDN ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is your name bolded, madam?

actually if you go to your profile, and click on "group memberships"... there's an option at the very end where you can click on "identify me as a member of this group" right beside "SDN platinum/silver donor"... it will make your name bold...:D

this thread sounds like an infomercial

this bold thing seems like it would really enhance my sdn popularity.

(...were: )

I love big brother.

and

Do it to Julia.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbup:

Hehe....I just finished reading 1984 for the first time (as a part of my resolution to read 30 books before starting the medical school).

I too love SDN. I think there should be class for how to do SDN in college cuz let's face it....most of the pre-med advisors do not know what they are talking about. :laugh::laugh:

SDN was one reason my interest in medicine was reignitied. I guess I have this forum to thank for putting me in med school. :p

The information on here is amazing. Even though I went to a premed school, I think the information here is far superior for those that are not superstars in undergrad. I tried recommending this site to others who could benefit but sadly, few takers. Their loss. :(

I have decided after joining this thread, I will not try to get into medical school, but instead try and become the DEAN of ADMISSIONS! And from there, I will accept every member of SDN because I love this place so much.

I'm not really good at this stuff...but...uh....th...than...thanks SDN.... (nervous shifting)....I wuv you.

Thank you for all the advice SDN!!

I too <3 SDN!! This place has been such a source of help and comfort to me and I love that I have found so many like minded people.. I have few premed friends and none as crazy as I, so thank you SDN and all the wonderful members here

SDN, thank you for providing me with the encouragement I need to keep pursuing medical school, especially when my father asks me why I am not trying to be an English teacher instead!

SDN will you go steady with me? (y/n/m)
haha have you seen napolean dynamite? remember when whats his name bakes the girl a cake and then she gives him a note folded over where on the outside its all hearts and inside it is a huge "NO!!!"??
:( i hope SDN isnt like that.. lol

haha have you seen napolean dynamite? remember when whats his name bakes the girl a cake and then she gives him a note folded over where on the outside its all hearts and inside it is a huge "NO!!!"??
robynrich... englihs teacher? you must have destroyed the verbal section

robynrich... englihs teacher? you must have destroyed the verbal section

LOL. I am not taking the MCAT until summer, so I can only hope. But when I took the ACT some four years ago, I made a 35 in the grammar and reading sections and a 27 in science, so my dad likes to use this as one of his many arguments as to why I am "wasting my talents!"

lol yea! I had just started an IT job and we were at all day Microsoft conference (it was a snoozer), in the middle of a speech one of my coworkers, who would later become a good friend, passes me a note on a napkin it was the will you go steady with me question complete with boxes drawn out for me to check. When I receive the note, but before I read it, I look over at him and he bats his eyes at me. We were all stifling all the way to the next break.

SDN motivates me to become the best that I can be, and it helps me too with all the great advice out there. It's nice to know, too, that I'm not the only one going through all this (my close friends are all non-science majors who don't care about their GPA and haven't found clear goals in their lives yet, (which is normal for this age), but it's kind of hard to relate sometimes. okay I do have one close friend who's a med student...) :thumbup:

I wish SDN would run a medical school so I could apply to it.

I wish everytime I entered my academic adviser's office, there was just a computer with SDN on it.

If it wasn't for SDN, I never would have even thought of doing physician shadowing (I didn't know this was encouraged or suggested.. it's completely unheard of for undergrads here), but now I've logged more than 30 awesome hours + another MD letter of recommendation.

Yay!