• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

I love SDN. I love you all.

Abulcasis

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
    <3.

everyone whose pursuing pre-allo show your appreciation here (see now this thread is relevant to this section. and I know I'm not being wary of this being done before but SPREAD THE LOVE ;))

<3.

everyone whose pursuing pre-allo show your appreciation here (see now this thread is relevant to this section. and I know I'm not being wary of this being done before but SPREAD THE LOVE ;))

Dude this forum has sparked my motivation since joining a few months ago. I've learned things I never have heard from pre-med club and school and I feel its given me a big edge. Plus the people on here are badass!!

About the Ads

jyukim

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Aug 16, 2007
    NYC
    1. Pre-Medical
      Dude this forum has sparked my motivation since joining a few months ago. I've learned things I never have heard from pre-med club and school and I feel its given me a big edge. Plus the people on here are badass!!

I wholeheartedly agree with you! I've regained my focus to try harder and be the best applicant I can be, especially when I see how hard people work and how passionate they are about medicine. I think my school's pre-med club is a joke compared to what I've learned/seen here in the discussions particularly for the admission process. And you're right, the people here are "badass"! I especially appreciate the humor, sarcasm, and rants– makes me feel a lot better about my own anxieties. :D :D :D

cbrons

10+ Year Member
      Jul 29, 2007
      Jungle
      1. Attending Physician

thats right... we need a new T-shirt for SDN. "StudentDoctor.net is my pre-medical advisor."

The good Lord knows its been mine for the past year and a half

which is why I should re-donate, and you should too
        life membership for me ($250) upon acceptance

shnuffles

10+ Year Member
        Aug 24, 2008
        1. Medical Student
          I just found SDN last summer, but it has helped me so much with MCAT prep and applications. If nothing else, it feels amazing to know that you're not alone during this journey! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:THANK YOU ALL!

About the Ads
          May 31, 2008
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            Hehe....I just finished reading 1984 for the first time (as a part of my resolution to read 30 books before starting the medical school).

I too love SDN. I think there should be class for how to do SDN in college cuz let's face it....most of the pre-med advisors do not know what they are talking about. :laugh::laugh:

NonTradMed

Perpetual Student
            7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Jan 6, 2004
            Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
            1. Medical Student
              SDN was one reason my interest in medicine was reignitied. I guess I have this forum to thank for putting me in med school. :p

The information on here is amazing. Even though I went to a premed school, I think the information here is far superior for those that are not superstars in undergrad. I tried recommending this site to others who could benefit but sadly, few takers. Their loss. :(

Marjan Islam

10+ Year Member
              Oct 26, 2008
              1. Pre-Medical
                I have decided after joining this thread, I will not try to get into medical school, but instead try and become the DEAN of ADMISSIONS! And from there, I will accept every member of SDN because I love this place so much.

ar2388

rads resident
                10+ Year Member
                Aug 2, 2007
                New York, NY
                1. Resident [Any Field]
                  I too <3 SDN!! This place has been such a source of help and comfort to me and I love that I have found so many like minded people.. I have few premed friends and none as crazy as I, so thank you SDN and all the wonderful members here

About the Ads

ar2388

rads resident
                  10+ Year Member
                  Aug 2, 2007
                  New York, NY
                  1. Resident [Any Field]
                    haha have you seen napolean dynamite? remember when whats his name bakes the girl a cake and then she gives him a note folded over where on the outside its all hearts and inside it is a huge "NO!!!"??
                    :( i hope SDN isnt like that.. lol
                    robynrich... englihs teacher? you must have destroyed the verbal section

robynrich

Postbacc Member
                    10+ Year Member
                    Nov 26, 2008
                    Mississippi
                    1. Pre-Medical
                      robynrich... englihs teacher? you must have destroyed the verbal section

LOL. I am not taking the MCAT until summer, so I can only hope. But when I took the ACT some four years ago, I made a 35 in the grammar and reading sections and a 27 in science, so my dad likes to use this as one of his many arguments as to why I am "wasting my talents!"

p30doc

Ever true and unwavering
                      10+ Year Member
                      Aug 22, 2007
                      1. Attending Physician
                        haha have you seen napolean dynamite? remember when whats his name bakes the girl a cake and then she gives him a note folded over where on the outside its all hearts and inside it is a huge "NO!!!"??
                        :( i hope SDN isnt like that.. lol
                        lol yea! I had just started an IT job and we were at all day Microsoft conference (it was a snoozer), in the middle of a speech one of my coworkers, who would later become a good friend, passes me a note on a napkin it was the will you go steady with me question complete with boxes drawn out for me to check. When I receive the note, but before I read it, I look over at him and he bats his eyes at me. We were all stifling all the way to the next break.

fish89

10+ Year Member
                        Aug 16, 2008
                        1. Pre-Medical
                          SDN motivates me to become the best that I can be, and it helps me too with all the great advice out there. It's nice to know, too, that I'm not the only one going through all this (my close friends are all non-science majors who don't care about their GPA and haven't found clear goals in their lives yet, (which is normal for this age), but it's kind of hard to relate sometimes. okay I do have one close friend who's a med student...) :thumbup:

HeatherMD

Queen of Passiveagressiva
                          10+ Year Member
                          Oct 29, 2008
                          Canada
                          1. Pre-Medical
                            If it wasn't for SDN, I never would have even thought of doing physician shadowing (I didn't know this was encouraged or suggested.. it's completely unheard of for undergrads here), but now I've logged more than 30 awesome hours + another MD letter of recommendation.

Yay!

About the Ads
                            This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                            7. This thread is locked.