I love you guys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
all the good parties eventually get shut down by the cops.

Alright, Humidpig, haul us in if you must. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
+pad+

Whatever, Humidpig.

There is no one talking here right now except for you and me. You guys should visit the Water Cooler thread. It's off topic all the time. The conversation just goes in whatever direction it takes.

Actually isn't he supposed to be born in Spring time in 4BC? At least that is what I was told in my history class...:confused:

I'm going to interrupt the movie and mod-moving-this-thread topics to say something in regards to this. :p

Yes, Jesus was not born (at least according to scientific/historic speculation) on Dec 25, year 0 (or whatever). It is speculated that "christians" (possibly messianic jews depending on the time frame) chose Dec 25 because it was a highly celebrated holiday in other religions a long time ago (a lot of the pegan religions). When a new religion wanted to assert itself and conquer existing religions they often chose days the old religion celebrated and put new meaning to it. So to get people away from their pegan celebrations they said Jesus was born on that same day - so it wasn't as big of a leap to change religions.

Also, the older historians, when making a new calendar and trying to figure out when Jesus was born, got it wrong (at least according to the newer historians).

At least this is what I've been told in some of my religious studies classes. Got to love minors...:love:

Mexican if you aren't in TX the rest of the time.
I agree.

Alright, I'll go check out this water cooler thread. Peace out, guys.

And merry christmas.

yea the toad is fast....be real careful guys :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to interrupt the movie and mod-moving-this-thread topics to say something in regards to this. :p

Yes, Jesus was not born (at least according to scientific/historic speculation) on Dec 25, year 0 (or whatever).
i heard that it was actually in june

edit- this thread was started by a bored jewish person, and we are discussing the birth of christ. hmm.

Anyone going to eat Chinese food and go to the movies tomorrow besides me?

Should I get Chinese food tomorrow? Or since I am in Texas get some Mexican food?

We ate chinese food today. I just came back. :laugh:
I personally do not like Mexican food that is not homemade... I am Indian, but I have the worst stomach constitution...

This thread is still in the pre-allopathic section? Noice!

Do you think Jesus ever ate Chinese food?

Serious answer: no, he walked a lot but I don't think he walked that far :p Plus Chinese food was probably very different from today's Chinese food.

However, it'd be a pretty good selling point for a restaurant - "Jesus ate our food, you should too!" ;)

So to bring back the non-goyim part of the thread, why are you board tonight? Chanukah is in full swing! Latkes, Lamb, Dreidel, Chocolate coins, all for eight nights! You can keep christmas, Chanukah is where it's AT!

So to bring back the non-goyim part of the thread, why are you board tonight? Chanukah is in full swing! Latkes, Lamb, Dreidel, Chocolate coins, all for eight nights! You can keep christmas, Chanukah is where it's AT!

Haha, yeah, I was confused. The OP's Jewish and neglecting his own holiday? Shameful!

I am in Houston for a few more days. The weather and family are nice, but the cowboy hats and trucks make me gag.

Come on, PLEASE don't feed the stereotype...

Haha, yeah, I was confused. The OP's Jewish and neglecting his own holiday? Shameful!

Come on, PLEASE don't feed the stereotype...

I dunno... I am kind of looking forward to the cowboy hats and boots considering I will most likely be in Dallas next year.

Wow, I am really bored... it sucks... my religious holiday (Eid) was when I had finals...:(

I dunno... I am kind of looking forward to the cowboy hats and boots considering I will most likely be in Dallas next year.

Wow, I am really bored... it sucks... my religious holiday (Eid) was when I had finals...:(

Grr, yeah, tell me about it! I never got around to *really* celebrating either Eid this year since both were during exam season! Eid-al-Fitr was on a midterm date and Eid-al-Adha was on a final date. Hopefully next year's Eids will end up on better dates, so we can actually get around to enjoying and celebrating it!

And yeah, I live in Texas, and I rarely see cowboy hats and boots, so I don't whatcha talkin' about. Don't tell me them lies. :laugh:

Grr, yeah, tell me about it! I never got around to *really* celebrating either Eid this year since both were during exam season! Eid-al-Fitr was on a midterm date and Eid-al-Adha was on a final date. Hopefully next year's Eids will end up on better dates, so we can actually get around to enjoying and celebrating it!

And yeah, I live in Texas, and I rarely see cowboy hats and boots, so I don't whatcha talkin' about. Don't tell me them lies. :laugh:

Yah, same here:( Which is why we celebrated this past Saturday when everyone was free:laugh: But next year I will not be able to celebrate it with my family at all, unless I get into a Cali med school:(

Oh and about the Cowboy hats... seriously... I saw a bunch of people on the plane with them... and also there were even a bunch of people in Denver when I was there during the stopover... Oh well, that doesn't mean I won't get to wear them... I am gonna trade in my flipflops for some cowboy boots:p

Go for the Mexican food!!!

Also we are celebrating Christmas tomorrow. I'm doing all of the cooking, but just had to check SDN before going to sleep. Yummy food!!!

To those of you who think I shouldn't be bored: You try celebrating an 8-day long holiday and tell me you won't get bored with the same tradition year after year :p Besides, the only Hanukkah party I'm going to is on Saturday.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! (Am I late??)

(It's never too late to make the frog feel good about his power over us lowly mortals.) NOOOOOOO! Don't send this thread to All Students! (Or is that plea equivalent to, "Don't throw me in the briar patch?" in which case, never mind.)

To those of you who think I shouldn't be bored: You try celebrating an 8-day long holiday and tell me you won't get bored with the same tradition year after year :p Besides, the only Hanukkah party I'm going to is on Saturday.

lol...I grew up in a community which had interaction with a predominantly Jewish society(Israel). It always seemed that they had fun during their [many] holidays...no? I specifically remember the dancing and tasty cuisine...

lol...I grew up in a community which had interaction with a predominantly Jewish society(Israel). It always seemed that they had fun during their [many] holidays...no? I specifically remember the dancing and tasty cuisine...

Depends on the holiday. Passover is 8 days of constipation.

Do you think Jesus ever ate Chinese food?
According to some historians during his unchronicled years Jesus studied with Buddhist monks in the Kashmiri region, who influenced his philosophy, some also say there is evidence that is where his escaped to when he "rose from the dead" and disappeared (I'm not looking to start a religious or historical debate here). That area kisses China so it is possible. What most Americans think of as Chinese food was created in America during the 19th century, so he certainly never ate any General Tso's Chicken. ;)

According to some historians during his unchronicled years Jesus studied with Buddhist monks in the Kashmiri region, who influenced his philosophy, some also say there is evidence that is where his escaped to when he "rose from the dead" and disappeared (I'm not looking to start a religious or historical debate here). That area kisses China so it is possible. What most Americans think of as Chinese food was created in America during the 19th century, so he certainly never ate any General Tso's Chicken. ;)

hmmm...I've actually heard of that before, but I think only the small Ahmadiyya sect carry that belief. They believe that Jesus died in Kashmir after he ran away from historic Palestine.

hmmm...I've actually heard of that before, but I think only the small Ahmadiyya sect carry that belief. They believe that Jesus died in Kashmir after he ran away from historic Palestine.
I heard it from a history professor, he said someone stumbled upon some monks in the area who claimed to have records of Jesus being there etc. I think the church fought to suppress the info. There was at least one nonfiction book written about this as well, but I can't remember the name. I didn't realize there was a religious sect that held this belief, interesting.