I"m out of IRR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigNavyPedsGuy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's all. Took a bunch of phone calls and then had to follow-up because I was stuck waiting on some CAPT to get off of vacation, but the lady told me she literally had my discharge letter in hand and would mail it shortly.

I'm really out. For good.

*large exhale*

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
No more worries about getting recalled.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet dude! Be sure you get your VA claim going to get you 100% SC.

Somehow I feel this is what every veteran's service organization rep and VA rep tells people.......................

:mad:

Sweet dude! Be sure you get your VA claim going to get you 100% SC.
Psht! I took care of that before I separated. I know there's lots of abuse, but I had reconstructive ankle surgery and a shoulder with a 150 degree labral tear....I got a little SC.

Reactions: 1 users
giphy.gif

Psht! I took care of that before I separated. I know there's lots of abuse, but I had reconstructive ankle surgery and a shoulder with a 150 degree labral tear....I got a little SC.
Off-duty skateboarding accident, right? With tinnitus from all those service-related rock concerts, too? :D

Meniere's disease. It's transient, subjective, and only proven on autopsy. Always toss on a little Meniere's disease.

Meniere's disease. It's transient, subjective, and only proven on autopsy. Always toss on a little Meniere's disease.

Hahaha FALSE.

If you claim Meniere's I'm going to comb through your STR's and when I see no complaints of vertigo, dizziness, fluctuations in hearing, or low pitched roaring tinnitus, and when I don't see them I'm going stamp that baby with a big no and the ENT is going to back it.

Now vertigo go on and claim that bad boy hahaha

you would be better with sleep apnea, migraines, fibromyalgia, or the good old PTSD because you once heard of someone once hearing of someone seeing a dead body. Or just look through records and find someone who was KIA in your unit that you "knew" and claim how profoundly it has impacted you.

If I sound a little jaded, it's because I've dealt with some real winners that have shattered my illusions of honor among veterans. :)

Don't forget ED. Pretty much every single retirement physical they aggressively want that documented. No clue on the %.

Hahaha FALSE.

If you claim Meniere's I'm going to comb through your STR's and when I see no complaints of vertigo, dizziness, fluctuations in hearing, or low pitched roaring tinnitus, and when I don't see them I'm going stamp that baby with a big no and the ENT is going to back it.

Now vertigo go on and claim that bad boy hahaha

you would be better with sleep apnea, migraines, fibromyalgia, or the good old PTSD because you once heard of someone once hearing of someone seeing a dead body. Or just look through records and find someone who was KIA in your unit that you "knew" and claim how profoundly it has impacted you.

If I sound a little jaded, it's because I've dealt with some real winners that have shattered my illusions of honor among veterans. :)

Not at all false. I'm the guy to whom you're sending these patients. If the patient sticks to it, he'll eventually find someone to support him. Every case of Menieres starts sometime, and you can easily make the argument that you just started having symptoms. You can have a normal ENG, normal hearing, normal exam. As long as you claim tinnitus, vertigo, and fluctuating hearing loss, with no other causative factor - you have probable Menieres.

Who knows when you're going to show demonstrable findings on testing? Might be now, might be after you ETS. But claiming Meniere's is no different than claiming fibro or PTSD. You just have to start claiming symptoms at some point and stick to it. Obviously, you can't start the process immediately before you ETS, but that's also true of Fibro and PTSD. Just takes a small amount of planning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not at all false. I'm the guy to whom you're sending these patients. If the patient sticks to it, he'll eventually find someone to support him. Every case of Menieres starts sometime, and you can easily make the argument that you just started having symptoms. You can have a normal ENG, normal hearing, normal exam. As long as you claim tinnitus, vertigo, and fluctuating hearing loss, with no other causative factor - you have probable Menieres.

Who knows when you're going to show demonstrable findings on testing? Might be now, might be after you ETS. But claiming Meniere's is no different than claiming fibro or PTSD. You just have to start claiming symptoms at some point and stick to it. Obviously, you can't start the process immediately before you ETS, but that's also true of Fibro and PTSD. Just takes a small amount of planning.

Oh I thought you meant get out then claim it. What I was saying is if you don't have those symptoms, then you're sunk. Like I was saying if your asymptomatic then sorry no dice. IF you are symptomatic then yes.

I still think it's insane that someone can claim a possibly genetically dominant condition that they would have had whether they worked at Walmart or joined the military and get a check for it for the rest of their lives. It's a huge waste of money. Don't you agree?

Kind of like the guy I saw who developed MS after he left the service and got service connected for it 15 years after separation. It would be interesting to see how much of the budget is going to genetic disorders.

Oh, I agree. That's never going to be service related, and it's ******ed that you can get a connection for it. But we're talking about the random, unprovable garbage that you can claim. I guess we probably shouldn't be advertising that.

Oh, I agree. That's never going to be service related, and it's ******ed that you can get a connection for it. But we're talking about the random, unprovable garbage that you can claim. I guess we probably shouldn't be advertising that.

ah check military.com or yaku and it's all there. Various threads for "how can I get service connected for this" or "how do I prove this is service connected" or my favorite "how can I fake a hearing test". I enjoy malingerers. I'm harsh on them. I can't wait to deal with them in the service when I can actually threaten malingerers rather than just acting like they must just be confused little folks and we will just have to try again another day.

With what I know now I could enlist, be dropped off at BCT, and be home within the month and have 100% service connection. It's sad and it burns me up when I see people who have real problems. Like my patient yesterday. Poor dude had his Humvee hit by an IED in Iraq. Killed 3 of his buddies. He is still carrying fragments of them in his body and can barely string a sentence together. I had to keep pausing during testing so he could have 3-5 seconds to repeat back the words because his processing is that bad. He's only 30% service connected for PTSD, scars, and TBI. 23 years old and he is functioning as well as an 80 year old with a temporal lobe stroke!

High Priest how do you like being in AMEDD?

Hope you enjoy your freedom!

What's your plan for civi life?

ah check military.com or yaku and it's all there. Various threads for "how can I get service connected for this" or "how do I prove this is service connected" or my favorite "how can I fake a hearing test". I enjoy malingerers. I'm harsh on them. I can't wait to deal with them in the service when I can actually threaten malingerers rather than just acting like they must just be confused little folks and we will just have to try again another day.

With what I know now I could enlist, be dropped off at BCT, and be home within the month and have 100% service connection. It's sad and it burns me up when I see people who have real problems. Like my patient yesterday. Poor dude had his Humvee hit by an IED in Iraq. Killed 3 of his buddies. He is still carrying fragments of them in his body and can barely string a sentence together. I had to keep pausing during testing so he could have 3-5 seconds to repeat back the words because his processing is that bad. He's only 30% service connected for PTSD, scars, and TBI. 23 years old and he is functioning as well as an 80 year old with a temporal lobe stroke!

High Priest how do you like being in AMEDD?
I like it like I would like to have my man parts hammered flat by a splintering, fiberglass hammer while being forced to listen to Melissa McCarthy talk about how hard it is for her to lose weight.

I like it like I would like to have my man parts hammered flat by a splintering, fiberglass hammer while being forced to listen to Melissa McCarthy talk about how hard it is for her to lose weight.

Here goes HighPriest again, sharing his wacky fetishes for everyone on the Internet to oggle at... jeez, get a room!

Off-duty skateboarding accident, right? With tinnitus from all those service-related rock concerts, too? :D

Actually both were due to football injuries prior to joining that were exacerbated while on AD. I was completely honest about them. I got 0% connection for the already repaired ankle and I think 30% for the shoulder with the 150 degree labral tear, torn biceps tendon, and intra-articular scapula fracture.

Like I said, I was completely honest about the timing of initial injury and when it start bothering me again.

BNPG, who/what number did you call at PERS to get this settled? I'm ~10 months away from being off IRR, so just looking ahead to what I need to do to finalize it. Thanks, and congratulations!!

If you don't mind me asking what don't you like about military med?

Ever worked for the Government?

I work for the VA. I would say the majority of my day is administrative stuff that has nothing to do with what I was hired to do. Yep pretty used to government healthcare work. :)

If you don't mind me asking what don't you like about military med?
My reasons are explained around the forum, and not something I feel the need to take time to rewrite in full. Like most of us, I will probably write some kind of opus about my military experience when I am liberated from the camp. Suffice to say that I feel that most of AMMED exists for the sole purpose of preventing me from doing my job.

Reactions: 2 users
All Government provided health care is based on the premise that it is smoke and mirrors with no real interest in providing care. It's an illusion that you are doing something worthwhile. AD, State Dept, VA, etc... they're all the same entity at heart.

Some people like the mill and doing nothing related for what they went to school, others resent it for what it really is based on whimiscal egos.