I made a mistake on my secondaries..What can I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgetstarted1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a careless mistake in one of my secondaries, like repeating a word. Or saying I did "X and X" instead of "X and Y".

Should I try to fix this with the school? (email them and ask to update my essay?) I didn't mistake one school for another or answer the wrong prompt, but I wonder if it's worth it for me to contact the school.

Sigh, never submitting on the same day I write again. After reading my essays over so many times I start to miss things.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m having trouble following what your mistake was but you’re fine. Don’t contact the school and try not to worry.

Reactions: 1 user
I made a careless mistake in one of my secondaries, like repeating a word. Or saying I did "X and X" instead of "X and Y".

1) Should I try to fix this with the school? (email them and ask to update my essay?) I didn't mistake one school for another or answer the wrong prompt, but I wonder if it's worth it for me to contact the school.

2) Sigh, never submitting on the same day I write again. After reading my essays over so many times I start to miss things.
1) No.

2) Instead of reading them silently, read them out loud when you are looking for errors like this the next time. It makes them harder to miss.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) No.

2) Instead of reading them silently, read them out loud when you are looking for errors like this the next time. It makes them harder to miss.
Okay will do. thank you both!

I will definitely do that from now on. I have this stupid problem where I get afraid of reading through my work after I've spent a lot of time on it. Probably why I speed read after. And why reading out loud SLOWLY should help. Cheers!

Should I try to fix this with the school? (email them and ask to update my essay?) I didn't mistake one school for another or answer the wrong prompt, but I wonder if it's worth it for me to contact the school.

Sigh, never submitting on the same day I write again. After reading my essays over so many times I start to miss things.
Take two of these:

xanax-1.jpg