I matched but just recieved an interview offer on Eras?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1empire1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As titled. I matched, but just received an offer for a phone interview on Eras. I don't get it.

Members don't see this ad.

That's really weird. Does it say you are ineligible for SOAP on the NMRP? It's probably just a mistake from the program's side. Was it a program you applied to before?

Pics or it didn't happen.

Yea it says "You are SOAP ineligible because you have already been fully matched and therefore are unable to apply to SOAP programs during SOAP. "

Pretty sure I did apply, no interview from there though. The email doesn't specify which program its for.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics are too much effort. The email reads:

Invited to Interview at Providence Hospital
[email protected] [[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:25 PM
To:
[email protected]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.
This is an ERAS message which is being sent to you on behalf of [email protected].
Please send all replies to the sender's e-mail address, [email protected].
A copy of this message has also been sent to your MyERAS Message Center.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please contact Ms. xxxx todaybetween 12Noon till 2pm at
248-xxx-xxxx.

I will not be taking calls after 2pm.

Really weird... Maybe call to let them know they are interviewing the wrong people?

Looks like you probably did match and this won't be an issue but I would be calling people to make sure ERAS didn't send you the wrong memo. It would be less than ideal to think you matched and than have ERAS say "oops". I can't even imagine the legal ramifications of this but it must certainly be worth your time and peace of mind to give ERAS a call to see exactly what is going on.

Survivor DO

Well damn I was just gonna let this go as a mistake but now I'm worried...maybe I will call

Well damn I was just gonna let this go as a mistake but now I'm worried...maybe I will call

Yeah I agree. But I would call NRMP/ERAS and NOT the program. It's too easy for them to nail you for calling a program during SOAP time...

So I called NRMP and they confirmed that I fully matched and the email sent was weird. They told me to call the program and ask why and report any errors. Program didn't pick up phone so I emailed them anyway. I'm sure this was an error.

If that's the IM program then it's even more weird because they decided to drop out of the match completely this year and fill their whole class outside of the match.

The program probably typed some poor person's amcas number wrong and it routed to you instead. Sad day for the other applicant...

For everyone's sake, I hope it was the program's error and not the NRMP. I wonder how often the rank system has glitches that would naturally go unnoticed...