I matched. Woo hoo.. Now what next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Congratulations to all matched candidates. All through the interview process one needs to keep showing interest through thank you notes to the programs.

Is there such formality even after matching.. Goosshhh i am so tired.

Are we suppose to write thank you notes to the program that one matched with.

Also, Any suggestions on what one needs to brush-up before joining residency. I have been out of school for some 4 yrs and may need some orientation to get back in the saddle. So please suggest any books, websites etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Folks,

I have been out of school for some 4 yrs and may need some orientation to get back in the saddle. So please suggest any books, websites etc etc.

Thanks in advance.
you've been out of med school for 4 years? what have you been doing?

desidoc, don't mind him - congratulations!!!
i would recommend reviewing a clinical step 2 book before residency.

good luck and congrats again! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry about the thank you notes... very soon you will be working very hard, and that is an adequate thank you.:)

I think Ramona Q is right on about using a step 2 study guide to brush up on the fundamentals. I like Prescription for the Boards.

You will likely be surprised at how much you remember when you get started. I have been away for about a year and recently got back into a clinical setting. It's not like riding a bicycle, but I am not totally lost, either.

If you are more motivated than a short study guide, I like Zitelli's Atlas of Pedi Diagnosis for Peds and the Lange review for Ob. Our local med center library has both available. I can't help you on IM- I have not found anything I like yet besides Up to Date.

Your program may be able to offer some light shadowing before you start back to help ease the anxiety, or go to a couple of conferences. Don't go overboard, though- rest up and relax as much as you can before you start.

Good luck!:luck: :luck:

some light shadowing before you start back to help ease the anxiety

that's exactly what i did! :D

it made SUUUUUCH a difference. i may only have been 10-15% 'smarter' than when i had started the shadowing, but confidence/ease shot up at least 50-75%! do it, do it, do it! sacrifice 1 or 2 days a week for no more than a month, i'd say.

otehrwise, enjoy the last free summer OF YOUR LIFE!!! :cool:
(think about it -- it's true!)

thank you every one for ur reply