I messed up on the AMCAS course entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pigsinacloth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not do the thing where you write "and lab" but rather just entered in my class name exactly as it is listed on my transcript. I clicked the "lecture and lab" box where you have to clarify the course type, but now I'm worried. I was verified like two weeks ago so I obviously don't want the app to get sent back to me. Is this a big deal?

Members don't see this ad.

Most likely not a big deal. The person checking it will be checking what you entered against what is on the transcript so having exactly what appears on the transcript is important.

Most likely not a big deal. The person checking it will be checking what you entered against what is on the transcript so having exactly what appears on the transcript is important.
Thank you for the response! I have actually already been verified so I know that AMCAS has no problem with it. I was worried that Med Schools would think I just never took a lab.

I agree with you that its definitely not a big deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s over. Your mistake will lead to a chain of events culminating in nuclear war.

:troll:

• Inappropriate
Reactions: 1 user
Schools can very easily verify that a specific course (e.g. Bio 101-102) includes a lab. if your school is a feeder to a specific med school, the med school will recognize the courses like old friends without having to check.

Reactions: 1 user