I miss beer.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adam Smasher

APMA Seal of Approval
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ttt

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My friend has a 3.99 and 36Q and a ****load of EC's and he has not been accepted yet. A friend of mine was accepted in June last year...etc. WAY too early to give up.

Members don't see this ad :)
It has been 2 months and 22 days since my last beer.

At the time, I had come off of some not particularly wild weekends, but weekends where I did over-imbibe just a little. (Just like 2 liters with dinner. It was Oktoberfest.) The following day I felt like I could use a little rest from beer, so I decided that the next beer I have should be for a celebratory occasion. Like getting into medical school.

Hey congrats on going without beer for a while. It's important to know how to have fun without being buzzed and/or drunk. Some of the most broing people I know are people who don't know how to have a great time without having a beer in their hand.

Your stats seem good to me. So maybe you just need to work on your interviewing skills some more.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get into med school and become a successful doctor :thumbup:

I'd just start letting some of your schools know the situation. They might include it in the decision process.

I'd just start letting some of your schools know the situation. They might include it in the decision process.

I think this would help you out more than a letter of intent:)

I don't miss beer, im having one right now:D.

Ain't nothing any of us can say will make that wine taste better. I can only tell you from experience though that when you down that first gulp of beer, it doesn't matter of you are drinking the worst beer in the world, it will be the most flavorful beer you ever had. In other words, worth the wait.

Last edited:
mmmm...sierra neveda celebration ale...
haha sorry, but seriously, drink up! life's too short for that sober deal

Members don't see this ad :)
ewww, beer, gross.... I just can't stand the taste, went to a party as sober monitor once, tried a cup and had to WASH DOWN the taste of beer with a hard liquor mix. Maybe it's because I had my first bottle of beer (two sips and tossed away lol) when I was in 2nd grade, and it left a bad taste in me.

im trying to be a part of the 40/40 club. get a 40 on the mcat, the moment they release scores, go to the nearest gas station, get 2 40s and drink them in 40 minutes. lmao

ewww, beer, gross.... I just can't stand the taste, went to a party as sober monitor once, tried a cup and had to WASH DOWN the taste of beer with a hard liquor mix. Maybe it's because I had my first bottle of beer (two sips and tossed away lol) when I was in 2nd grade, and it left a bad taste in me.

beer is over rated
Blasphemy:eek:.

Martinis are where it's at ;)

I've found that most restaurants don't do them right. They always shake them like they think I'm James Bond.

Anyway, I'm not going to start drinking for the hell of it. If I can't keep a promise to myself, who can I keep a promise to?

i feel your pain my friend.... those damn celebratory drinks that seem to elude you are very rough at times. Just as long as it stays a celebratory drink and doesnt turn into a drink of defeat, your doing alright ;)

good luck man, im rooting for you.

I just finished my last beer, so now i feel the pain of lack of beer:(.

This is a depressing post, best of luck buddy. Alternatively, it will be good for a couple sober months to prepare you for next school year...I'm going to miss beer then.

Blasphemy:eek:.

haha. agreed.

hooray beer!

redstripe.jpg

This read really makes me want beer right now. And some pizza.

It's 9:20am right now, by the way.