I miss having friends outside of med school closeby

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lisa13579

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I moved to the east coast from the midwest for med school, my only friends closeby are my classmates. They are fun, but it's just not the same as having friends closeby who you've known forever, and I don't feel extremely close with any one of them. Luckily, my bf is here doing his residency, but I wish I knew other people outside my class :(

Anyone who can commiserate? Give suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

you have a great bf (i'm assuming :) ) and friends in med school, it sounds like. look on the bright side. :) you've got more than a lot of people.

lisa13579 said:
Since I moved to the east coast from the midwest for med school, my only friends closeby are my classmates. They are fun, but it's just not the same as having friends closeby who you've known forever, and I don't feel extremely close with any one of them. Luckily, my bf is here doing his residency, but I wish I knew other people outside my class :(

Anyone who can commiserate? Give suggestions?

Oh yeah. Same problem. I moved away from not only my close friends, but the only classmates I was close friends with as well. (We're divided among three campuses for 3rd and 4th year.)

I wish I had suggestions. heh, I need them!