1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

I must be burnt out completely

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dopaminesurge, Aug 13, 2006.

1. dopaminesurge

dopaminesurge My friends calls me Steve
    5+ Year Member

I have 1000 more characters to write for Stanford, it's my last one before Duke, and I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO DO IT.

Secondary exhaustion, and not a single interview invite yet.

Narc can flame me, again, if his life is meaningless today.

Stanford... I have allowed you to reject me three times already. Am I really happily skipping toward a fourth Stanford rejection?

Apparently.

Hey, interesting story about the first two rejections. Anyone care to hear it? It's pretty short.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. burntfries

burntfries Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  4. DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Lets hear it!

5. dopaminesurge

dopaminesurge My friends calls me Steve
    5+ Year Member

Yay.

so I applied early decision to undergrad, got rejected in December, then rejected AGAIN in March/April. THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. I wasn't deferred. I was rejected. I figured they just wanted to make sure I was aware that I STILL WAS NOT WELCOME ON THEIR CAMPUS. Like, maybe they'll just send me a reminder rejection every 3 months to make sure I know I STILL CAN'T COME TO STANFORD.

Postscript: I talked to an admissions member some time after, and he said it was a peculiar story and that they probably meant to have sent a deferral and made a mistake. Better off that way. That would have been like waiting for Yale to reject me now.