I need a 2-week rotation in Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dodobird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions? I'm all tapped out at Rush and UIC, Stroger & UC don't offer 2-week rotations to visiting students. As of 2006, Northwestern does not allow DO students to rotate :mad: A private physician would be preferred, esp in derm, opth, etc....but I'll take anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If you can leave Chicago for 2 weeks I know that Tulsa Regional Medical Center offers 2 week rotations in many specialties (they have ENT,rads, gas, derm, etc). I think they provide housing.

Are you serious? I was thinking of setting an elective up at northwestern this year...did they tell you directly that they don't take DO visiting students this year? I know they have accepted DOs in their residencies for a while now. Whats the deal with the wildcats?

I am trying to setup rotations at Rush, U of C, Loyola, or UIC...also in search of two week rotations if possible...but in general did u have any problems setting up rotations at any of these places???

I still need an elective for September in Chicago...any of these places still accepting? :confused:

I'm not sure about NMH, but DO students can at least rotate at NU affiliate sites such as Evanston-Northwestern...I did neuro there.