I need a little help deciding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madamebovary

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether i should choose to go to a seven year combined med program (bs/DO) or just go to ucla?- any thoughts

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure whether i should choose to go to a seven year combined med program (bs/DO) or just go to ucla?- any thoughts

Personally, I'd go to UCLA....but then again, I chose to apply to MD schools and not DO. I'd just do a little research on DO vs MD before you decide (search the forums, but make sure you look in both pre-allo and pre-osteo to get both sides of the story).

Members don't see this ad :)
why do you want to close your doors to the MD path so early? unless you're sure you want to practice as a DO, then there seems no need to commit yourself at this stage.

the thing is that the program is non-binding to that med school.

go to ucla. even if you do mediocre you'll be able to get into every DO school on the planet.

in addition, undergrad is fun, why would you want to cut that short?

pitzer college/ western university of health and science

well i have to decide by may 1st, so its coming close

I'd still go to UCLA...

Have you thought about what sort of medicine you want to practice? What kind of residency you think you'd like to persue (something to think about since, while certainly possible, it's a little harder to get into an allo residency with a DO degree).

im thinking either going into internal medicine or diagnostic radiology

UCLA for sure.
Also you are asking on Pre-Allopathic Forum.

yah i do realize a complete difference between the boards
the DO one keeps going go to program
while this side is ucla

ok im going to visit ucla this weekend for their regents overnight- maybe that will clear things up