I need a little help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manfood.com

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I start applying to DO schools, I would like to know some things about their practice, and how they are trained, and what their philosophy is. I want to get in tuned with what tehy are about before delving into a career of medicine. If there is a thread already made, a lead would be nice. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

manfood.com said:
Before I start applying to DO schools, I would like to know some things about their practice, and how they are trained, and what their philosophy is. I want to get in tuned with what tehy are about before delving into a career of medicine. If there is a thread already made, a lead would be nice. Thanks.

http://www.osteopathic.org/index.cfm?PageID=ost_omed

DO's & MD's are the two types of physicians in the US that can train and practice in any medical specialty, and compete for the same jobs. The training in medical school is basically the same, with the exception that musculoskeletal assessment and manipulation training is incorporated into the osteopathic program. DO's can take the same boards and participate in the same residencies as MD's, if they so desire.