I need advice and feedback please! :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so essentially my situation is that I have every part of my application ready to go besides the MCAT scores. I take my MCAT on July 6th, and I am just curious if I should send in my primary application early and then send the MCAT scores in when I get them, or if I should just wait for them to get back in early August and send the AMCAs application in it's entirety?
I'd suggest yu apply initially only to those schools for which you'd be competitive with an MCAT score of 30, just to get the transcript verification process done. Mark the future date on the AMCAS application. When your score comes back, add additional schools based on how competitive you are. Newly added schools get the entire application within a business day. While waiting for the score, you can begin prewriting Secondary essays from prompts you'll find here on SDN. Then you'll have a very rapid turn-around time for your Secondaries once formally invited to submit them.

If you wait until August to submit, it may take a month to get the transcripts verified (as it has in past years), which would put your application at a disadvantage. But OTOH, applying without the shadowing (which you might acquire more quickly by taking advantage of your connections in the cancer clinic & uninsured clinic) and some nonmedical community service (which I don't see mentioned) that some schools expect, could disadvantage you, too.