I NEED ADVICE ON SGU PLZ!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyogenicBHLH

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently a pre-med student in the US(i'm a US citizen) and was very interested in going to SGU medical school, but I first wanted to find out a few things about the school before going all the way to Grenada. 1.)If I graduate from SGU with good grades and do well on USMLE I + II, will I definitely be able to obtain a residency in the US(i don't care which state, just in America is all I want!). 2.)What % of SGU graduates are able to obtain residencies in the US? 3.)For the 2 years of clinical rotations, will I be able to do all of it in the US? If yes, will I have to move around alot from hospital to hospital? PLEASE HELP ME.

Members don't see this ad.

You have to do some work on your own before you ask such a broad question. Have you searched SGU threads? Have you read relevant info on the <a href="http://www.sgu.edu" target="_blank">www.sgu.edu</a> website? 95% of your questions will be answered by doing this, then come back with the 5% that weren't answered.

You will have NO problem getting a residency in the US if you even do decently on parts one and two of the USMLE. Family practice and internal medicine residencies are wide open. Some of the tougher residencies, i.e. dermatology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, will be tougher to get but these are tough for the US medical grads also.

As far as clinical rotations, you can do either. You can do them all in one place or you can do them all over the country, however, the latter is much more expensive but doable.

Don't worry at all about practicing in the US. You will not have a problem. Just concentrate on your academics at this point.