Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

I need advice!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 14022, Jun 16, 2002.

  1. 14022

    14022 Unregistered Abuser

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2002
    Messages:
    665
    Likes Received:
    7
    I am trying to figure out when I should give up hope on my first choice of school. I am accepted at SLU, which is a decent school to attend, but would like to attend Loyola, which I prefer for several reasons. I interviewed in February and am still waiting to get off the alternate list. Loyola begins orientation on July 29 and SLU begins on August 5. According to Loyola, you can be accepted through the first week of class. Ideally, I would like to wait through the week of Loyola's orientation before I move to St. Louis. If I am not accepted at Loyola, this would only leave me just a few days to find an apartment and move in before SLU starts their orientation. I was planning on filling out rental applications next week and have a few places in mind that I can move into in the case I am not accepted at Loyola. Do you think I am being foolish to wait for Loyola that long? Do you know how other people have approached a similar situation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
     
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. mikegoal

    mikegoal rebmeM

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2001
    Messages:
    202
    Likes Received:
    0
    remember you will be spending 4 years at whatever school u choose and if you are going to be happier at one school it may be worth the trouble of not knowing where you are going to be.
    I wouls hold out for whatever is your first choice
     
  4. EMTgirl

    EMTgirl Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2001
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    0
    I really have no idea how to help you, except to say that you need to give loyola your 100% effort just for your own peace of mind. if this means that you have to scramble to find an apartment at the last minute, then oh well. maybe you could stay in a hotel or something if you cannot find one right away. i don't think orientation week is that big of a deal in terms of studying, so it shouldn't be too stressful. i actually know someone who had a similar dilemma last year, except he was in at CMS and was on the waitlist at loyola. he had already paid his security deposit and was all set to move into an apartment at CMS and then loyola accepted him during orientation. so he just sucked it up and moved out, lost all that money on his security deposit. but you've gotta go where you will be happiest.
     
  5. MUN2005

    MUN2005 Miner?

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2001
    Messages:
    266
    Likes Received:
    0
    Maybe you should call the school and explain your situation (well leave out the other school thing), they might tell you your chances of getting in.
     

Share This Page