I need an honest and sincere advice about getting admission in fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joywepo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done 80% of my prerequisite with 3.7 gpa and i will be done with the remaining by summer 2018. I have not done the pcat, and i am considering the schools that does not compulsory the pcat. I am still on pharmcas application, but there is a section for an essay with 5000 words. Is it compulsory for someone to write 5000 words or less for pharmcas application essay? Please i need all your positive and brotherly advises on how to get admission this year fall.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean the personal statement? If so, it’s 5,000 characters, not 5,000 words, and yes it’s mandatory. You don’t have to use all the space provided, but it’s recommended. You cannot go over the limit. Also be aware many schools will expect you to have all prerequisites completed by the end of the spring 2018 term (for fall 2018 admission) and may not accept prerequisites taken over the summer.

I have done 80% of my prerequisite with 3.7 gpa and i will be done with the remaining by summer 2018. I have not done the pcat, and i am considering the schools that does not compulsory the pcat. I am still on pharmcas application, but there is a section for an essay with 5000 words. Is it compulsory for someone to write 5000 words or less for pharmcas application essay? Please i need all your positive and brotherly advises on how to get admission this year fall.
5000 characters not 5000 words. You will hurt your chances if you don't write a personal statement. You may need to narrow your school list to those that don't require a PCAT (or waive the PCAT with a certian GPA) and allow you to complete your pre-reqs by the end of Summer 2018.