I need GPA advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brittany1631

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a junior at a 4 year university and I have taken about half of the prereqs for med school Bio I: A CHM I: B CHM II: B- Org I: C Org II: F ( I am currently retaking) and I am also taking physics I which I have an A in. I have decided to stay an extra semester and apply for med school in 2011 instead of 2010 so that med schools will see my senior year classes too so they can see my improvement. I have leadership positions in 2 of my pre med clubs, I volunteer at the hospital, I have worked in a doctors office, I am going on a medical volunteer trip with one of my clubs, and I am also going to do research this summer. I just want to know if I have a chance at getting into a decent med school? I also haven't taken the MCAT yet but I am going to start taking a practice test every weekend to prepare and I will probably take a class so I can get a high score to make up for my GPA.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

take that Orgo over and get a better grade (preferably an A as they would say) and then from there everything seems pretty straight..just gotta make sure your overall GPA is great and the MCAT score is in good standing. No one can really make a prediction until you have that number..but your ECs look great