1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

i need guidance

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by dental100, Dec 15, 2008.

1. dental100

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    :( hi
    i got my result today. i just scored 86 in nbde part 1 new pattern. do u think i can get admission in any school in 2010? are there any chances?
    thanx

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. La fea

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    86 is a pretty decent score. Nail your statement of purpose and work on the hand skills, I feel you'd be ok.

4. dental100

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    :) hi La fea
    thanks for the encouragement.
    it surely made me feel better
    thanks

5. Kthv92

Kthv92 IndiBDS
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I can speak fr my self....i ve 86 in part 1 and got into UOP (i think one of the best!)
    so listen to people but decide fr urself juss go for step 2....do some voluntary stuff....add it to ur resume!

6. parule

Pre-Dental
    im a new member in the forum but not in the same boat as u.i gave my exam got 83...not too decent ..so i set out to study again but by now im too saturated to continue....though i can make it to boston or nyu with there deadlines still in late jan.....but nothing is getting inside my brains at the moment......wat shud i do...

7. SaMoUrAi

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Look dental 100,
    I'll tell you what I did, and you do the math.....I was in your shoes back in 2006, I was very busy doing a lot of stuff, and I didnt prepare well for my pt 1, and I scored 82....at that point, I asked my self the same question, and I decided I'll go on and take pt 2, and if I got a good score, then it might give me a better chance and if not, then I was doomed anyways...
    To cut the story short.....I got 82 in pt 2 last year, and I applied for 8 schools...........6 of them accepted me for interviews.........I went to 3 of them.........and got accepted by 2...........and of course I picked 1...........
    The bottom line is I made my choice that I thought was better for me, and I'm happy with it.......Make yours..(",).......and dont regret it...
    And never forget that they look at you as a whole package......NOT ONLY your scores.

8. aligners

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hiii everbody....m new to the forum my stats r 86/2.77/95....1 yr experience plus 4 months of observership...do i stand ny chance in NYU or BU....where should i go from here...i mean whether i should give part 1 again or try for part 2.......any help vl be appreciated:)

9. drbds

2+ Year Member

hi la fea i need your suggestion
    my states are 85 part I , gpa 3.28 and toefl 96
    i have 7 month experience in india and 5 month in usa so
    what are my chances to get in nyu in 2009?

10. enzosz

enzosz Licensed to drill
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    your chances are good
    keep struggling