I need help deciding what classes would be better ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which plan would help me perform better on the MCAT and eventually succeed in Med School?

• Plan A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plan B

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MO Bal

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 9.00.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 9.01.15 AM.png

Can you please help me decide which classes would help me do better on the mcat and eventually succeed in Medical School? Do you guys think it is worth taking medicinal chemistry?
The two plans are almost the same and the only difference is that I would be taking statistics instead of medicinal chemistry in my junior year
Taking medicinal chemistry would allow to get a chemistry minor, but I know that minors are useless

I was also debating whether I should get a philosophy minor or gerontology in my senior year. Please only comment if you have something meaningful to say, I do not like comments that say take whatever you like. I like science classes and i do not mind taking additional chemistry or biology courses.

Members don't see this ad.

Ask your pre-health advisors for this kind of info. However, I doubt they would provide you meaningful info.
Sometimes school's classes are not really designed for you to ace the MCAT.
Either there would be info you won't be taught in class, or MCAT won't test certain info you learned.
Preparing MCAT requires extra source such as AAMC, Kaplan, Princetown, TBR or whatever you like. These resources are really designed for you to prepare MCAT, although third-party resources might not be perfect.

Overall, plz ask your pre-health advisor for info. At least he could suggest what kind of class you must take before MCAT. (such as biochemistry)
Beyond that, I would suggest you to take class you like.

View attachment 221694 View attachment 221695

Can you please help me decide which classes would help me do better on the mcat and eventually succeed in Medical School? Do you guys think it is worth taking medicinal chemistry?
The two plans are almost the same and the only difference is that I would be taking statistics instead of medicinal chemistry in my junior year
Taking medicinal chemistry would allow to get a chemistry minor, but I know that minors are useless

I was also debating whether I should get a philosophy minor or gerontology in my senior year. Please only comment if you have something meaningful to say, I do not like comments that say take whatever you like. I like science classes and i do not mind taking additional chemistry or biology courses.
All of them!

Pick what is most interesting to you.