I need help deciding!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandykat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it is getting really close, but I just can't decide between UCLA and UCSD!!! I think both are good schools in good locations, and I don't know which I should go to! I would greatly appreciate any opinions or advice!!!!

Signed,
cant make a decision

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't normally recommend this, but if you're truly undecided after considering curriculum, culture, student body, location, and tuition, you might as well factor in national reputation. And that would render UCLA the winner.

The curriculum at UCLA is amazing. I'm not a student here yet, but I like: only 2 hrs of lecuture a day, problem-based learning (i.e., a case study once a week), weekly non-graded quizzes to help you stay on top of things. UCLA also has one of the best medical centers on the West Coast. The P/F system is low stress too. Everyone seems happy here. You can't go wrong with UCLA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it is getting really close, but I just can't decide between UCLA and UCSD!!! I think both are good schools in good locations, and I don't know which I should go to! I would greatly appreciate any opinions or advice!!!!

Signed,
cant make a decision

Neither are in the top 10. Retake the MCAT and reapply next year

Go UCLA for the football + basketball programs

UCLA hands down. People just seemed miserable at UCSD, 9 to 5 lectures, ick.

2 hours of lecture a day versus 9 to 5 lectures? Is that even true?

If so, that would send ME to UCLA in a heartbeat...

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Go to whichever school is cheaper and matches better in the specialties you are interested in. I envy you as, to me, the decision seems like "Which should I buy, a BMW or a Mercedes?"

Go to whichever school is cheaper and matches better in the specialties you are interested in. I envy you as, to me, the decision seems like "Which should I buy, a BMW or a Mercedes?"

i would say it's more like "should I buy a Honda or a Mercedes?"

UCLA ftw!

UCLA, hands down. folks at UCSD are known to be unhappier.

plus, you'll be in LA!!!

I vote UCLA...more people know it...UCSD people are like okay...UCLA people are like sweet

Signed,
cant make a decision
You suck!

Signed,
15 Primaries, 14 Secondaries, 3 Interviews, 1 waitlist and hoping....

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: san diego lifestyle is amazing, UCSD has been moving up every year in rankings, while UCLA fell, UCSD has an amazing program, excelleent board scores and an amazing faculty!!

GO TO UCSD!

UCSD UCSD UCSD
:thumbup:

ucla traffic sux, horrible pollution, expensive as hell and questionable acceptances... plus the campus is disorganized...

UCLA- save yourself the cost of the anti-depressants.

plus the campus is disorganized...

hahaha. yeah, not like UCSD....:idea:

UCLA students stay in one building. hell, in one CORNER of one building. they just go up and down elevators all day :laugh:

UCSD? Sounds like the name of a disease...like an STD or something.

Seems like a more appropriate title for this thread would have been "UCSD bashing fiesta" :D

haha wow. i didnt know i would have such an overwhelming response for UCLA! I was def leaning towards UCLA, but just haven't been able to say no to UCSD bc it is a really good school. thanks for all of the serious responses!

I vote UCLA...more people know it...UCSD people are like okay...UCLA people are like sweet

I vote to make this post the "Best Articulated Post" on SDN.

haha wow. i didnt know i would have such an overwhelming response for UCLA! I was def leaning towards UCLA, but just haven't been able to say no to UCSD bc it is a really good school. thanks for all of the serious responses!

Serious response: UCLA for sure (for all the reasons above), then tell Dean Kelly at UCSD to give your spot to me! :D

-P23