i need help on an osteopathic medicine study!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queen_o_ska

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
my name is Valerie Nerini and I'm a student at Truman State University
(located in Kirksville, Missouri--home of the very first college of
osteopathic medicine). I'm currently working on a study regarding the
differences in the attitudes and impressions (possible misconceptions)
towards osteopathic medicine held by freshman non premed, freshman premed,
and junior and senior premed. The study will also be expanded to include
first year osteopathic medical students. I was wondering if anyone has any
possible insight regarding any possible attitudes or misconceptions etc.
held by society etc. towards osteopathic medicine. I would greatly
appreciate any information anyone else is able to provide. You can
contact me at [email protected]

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

eek.gif
In part of your research, you want to know the misconception that Osteopathic students have about osteopathic medicine??!!@@

Also, if this is a research project, I am sure that you have done a literature search on the subject. In which case you should have found most the answers that you seek. Also, using this bulletin board or any other bulletin board to gather data for a research project is not advisable. You will only get biased responses.

[This message has been edited by RBorhani (edited 04-14-2000).]

I am a fourth-year student from NYCOM!

Let me make it clear!
Whenever you belong to a group of professionals who are smaller in number or per ser minority, it can lead to lots of misconceptions are the field.

I believe there are still many premeds out there who think DO schools are like the last resort if they can't make into MD schools and I personally think they should evaluate their own motivations about medicine.

Actions speak louder than words and I can say DOs are represented in every ladder of medical professions and specialties. We practice the full scope of medicine. Sure there are many out there who somewhat remains on prehistoric ideas about us being Bone doctors and I can tell you that we are in places people don't even imagine we have reached. One of the Physician astronauts from the space program is DO and the highest ranking physician general in the services was a DO. And more and more.

Anyone planning to do research on DOs must insvestigate the historical context in which The DO profession evolved.

Sincerely

Jacob Keum