I Need Help!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmg25

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am pretty confused with all of this doctor stuff. I need some clearification on some issues.

I am a freshman at The University of Akron in Ohio. Basically, I have 3 questions: 1) Im really not into hardcore biology and chemistry, but more of the human movement and exercise science type stuff. Im a good student in the bio and chem, but I really dont want to major in any of them. Would I still be able to get into med school without a bio or chem major? 2) What would be a good major along the lines of the movement and exercise stuff that I could really enjoy? Any ideas? 3) What is the difference between Allopathic and Osteopathic med schools?
4) Do you know of any good med schools in the area Ohio besides OSU????

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

1) you can major in anything as long as you fulfill some prerequisites (generally one year of physics,bio, chem, ochem, math, english) your school advisor should have a list of these requirments.

2) you could major in exercise science if your school offers it. I chose nutrition because you get the science but you can relate to it on a human level. physiology may also be a good choice for you.

3) look at studentdoctor's description of the differences on the website, go to aacom.org and try the other links available.