I need to find a lenient lender

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slopyDO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK so I need to get private loans for living expenses this year but Im having trouble getting approved because my credit score is like, um, 550. Which is bad. Are there any banks that are known for lending to less than spectacular applicants like me? without a cosigner that is, my parents and other family members are unable/unwilling to to cosign. If anyone has any tips, lemme know! thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

slopyDO said:
OK so I need to get private loans for living expenses this year but Im having trouble getting approved because my credit score is like, um, 550. Which is bad. Are there any banks that are known for lending to less than spectacular applicants like me? without a cosigner that is, my parents and other family members are unable/unwilling to to cosign. If anyone has any tips, lemme know! thanks!!

BUMP

I am about in the same boat as you. My scores are in the mid 500's. Go to creditboards.com. That is a great site about repairing your credit, they also have a student loan forum so you might get some great advice there.

CDiddy

Members don't see this ad :)
slopyDO said:

I realize it's been a while since you posted this, but since you just bumped it a few days ago I'm assuming you're still looking for advice. What have you done in the interim to try to improve your credit score? What specific sorts of negative items are on your credit reports that make your score so low? There might be some things you can do to improve your score, but I'd need some more info. Are these really your debts, is there identity theft involved, etc. etc.?